🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue > Ugh

Indra was here (20755) on 6/2/2011 2:21 PM · Permalink · Report

I have to admit that this has got to be the dullest series I've played yet. Adding shots for this game is a pain. Dialogs provide minor satisfaction, but the gameplay was oh, so boring. Not entirely sure why I had to mention this. Probably because I'm not understanding what all those professional reviews are talking about.

BurningStickMan (17916) on 6/3/2011 8:14 AM · Permalink · Report

That rolling world effect is pretty neat. Beyond that, I haven't played enough to comment. But I certainly see the potential for repetitive action and identical quests.

Klaster_1 (57612) on 6/3/2011 8:53 AM · Permalink · Report

[quote]But I certainly see the potential for repetitive action and identical quests.[/quote] Well, there are one already published and another in production.

Patrick Bregger (301028) on 6/3/2011 9:14 AM · Permalink · Report

Well, it is similar to Diablo. Which means it is boring and dull by design. (Yes, I am prejudged.)

Indra was here (20755) on 6/3/2011 9:27 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Patrick Bregger wrote--]Well, it is similar to Diablo. Which means it is boring and dull by design. (Yes, I am prejudged.) [/Q --end Patrick Bregger wrote--]Unfortunately his idea of being similar to Diablo is only in the mouse-bashing part...no different than console action games. Parts that made Diablo unique is non-existent. He should've stuck to making adventure games.

I can't bring myself to add more screenshots...I'd have to continue playing the game.

Lain Crowley (6629) on 6/3/2011 9:48 PM · Permalink · Report

I shouldn't have been as disappointed as I was that a game that started as a joke about how dumb modern video games are ended up being the dumbest modern video game.