DescriptionCasino is a destructive computer virus, which is somewhat more sporting than its typical data-destroying brethren. If the infected file is run on January 15, April 15 or August 15, the virus displays a message where it informs the user that it has just erased the hard disk's FAT table, but promises to restore a backup copy from RAM if the user can win a game of Jackpot.
The unwilling "player" has five chances to pull the lever of a virtual ASCII-art slot machine. Three different symbols (a pound sign, a cent sign, a question mark) can appear in the three slots. Getting three pound signs makes the virus restore the FAT table, before warning the user to shut off the computer and don't run it again until the next day. If all five credits are spent without success, the virus shuts down with a gleeful, obscene message, taking the user's FAT with itself. Getting three question marks is supposedly meant to display the author's phone number, but in fact only results in the virus angrily telling the user off and deleting the FAT.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Virus.DOS.Casino.2330" -- Name given by Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool
- "DISK DESTROYER · A SOUVENIR OF MALTA" -- In-game title
- "Casino.2330" -- Name given by McAfee AntiVirus
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- CASINO - Threat Encyclopedia - Trend Micro US (Virus description at the Trend Micro US website)
- Casino Virus technical description (A more technical description of the virus and its effects. (It can not only destroy the FAT, but also infects other files with itself.))
- Malware Example: Q CASINO.COM - Internet Archive (A harmless version of the virus, emulated in-browser and downloadable as a DOS executable. )
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.