Chex Quest (DOS)

Gameplay
Setting
Misc
3.5
Written by  :  Steve Thompson (126)
Written on  :  Aug 08, 2005

read more reviews by Steve Thompson

Summary

Gosh - Has It Really Been Almost a Decade?

The Good

The price for Chex Quest was just right (free) and the incentive of a second episode available for free on the internet had my little twelve year old heart skipping a beat at the time. The action is fast paced and the game's incredible cheesiness could probably still make me laugh today. The action is fast-paced and the levels are pretty good for a game you snag out of your cereal box. The music and sound effects are also pretty decent.

The Bad

It's nothing unique - that's for sure. In an era when the first person shooter was comparable to where side-scrollers had been just a few years earlier, Chex Quest doesn't hold up to well under its own weight and that of its predecessors.

It's a shame that Chex Quest did not start a trend regarding video games in cereal boxes. I would've ate that idea up! :)

The Bottom Line

This is a pretty interesting Doom knock-off. If you can find it, it's worth a try. It kept me very entertained almost ten years ago in my parents' basement and I spent even longer seeking out the second episode (in a time when I did not have internet access).