Crusader: No Remorse Trivia (DOS)
EngineCrusader: No Remorse uses an overhauled Pagan: Ultima VIII engine. When Origin got so many complaints about the inclusion of action elements in a previously turn-based RPG, they decided that maybe the engine from the game would be better suited for a dedicated action game.
German indexOn March 27, 1997, Crusader: No Remorse was put on the infamous German index by the BPjS. More information about what this means can be found in the game group.
German versionBlood effects, death cries and the possibility to set corpses on fire were removed in the German version. The death animations for fire, PL-1 Unifier and UV-9 Pulsar were changed. A detailed list of changes can be found on schnittberichte.com (German).
MusicCrusader: No Remorse uses the .MOD music format for in-game music. If it is played on Christmas Day (the system date should be December, 25), the game will play a techno mix of some Christmas carols; God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, Jingle Bells and Frosty the Snowman.
- The two other Silencers that die in the intro have names of the developers. Look for them carefully, it's in the HUD display.
- The Briefing Sheet that came with the game mentions SHODAN, the nemesis in System Shock and System Shock 2.
- Computer Gaming World
- June 1996 (Issue #143) – Action Game of the Year
- June 1996 (Issue #143) – Action Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- November 1996 (15th anniversary issue) - #38 in the “150 Best Games of All Time” list
- November 1996 (15th anniversary issue) – #6 Best Way To Die In Computer Gaming (the ultraviolet rifle)
- December 1999 (Issue #185) - Introduced into the Hall of Fame
- GameStar (Germany)
- Issue 12/1999 - #93 in the "100 Most Important PC Games of the Nineties" ranking
Contributed by Macintrash (2634) on Feb 14, 2000. [revised by : Cantillon (28419), Patrick Bregger (252095) and Rwolf (17705)]. -- edit trivia