Forums > Game Forums > Curse of Enchantia > The game crashes when I enter the door

Nowhere Girl (8680) on 12/17/2017 6:53 PM · Permalink · Report

There is a moment in the game when a door just appears out of nowhere (next to a dinosaur skeleton). However, I have a horrible problem: the game seems to crash every time I enter it. The music becomes silent, the screen is black and nothing happens. Then, if I press a mouse button, DOSBox becomes unresponsive and basically all I can do is close the window manually.
I had such trouble getting the bag of marbles and right at the next moment I seem to be much more irrevocably stuck... The game is little-known enough that I can't find answers elsewhere, not like in case of Sierra or LucasArts games, where every bug and possible methods of bypassing them are described...
I want screenshots. I only want to complete the game at least once and be done with it, but it feels like the very existence of the game promised that I will be able to do it and now I can't. Why is the bug described nowhere? What can I do to prevent the game from crashing at this moment?

Pseudo_Intellectual (66360) on 12/17/2017 8:13 PM · Permalink · Report

If you want to limit yourself to experiencing known bugs, I would recommend you go to a hardware recycler and put together a period machine to document the game on.

Nowhere Girl (8680) on 12/17/2017 10:57 PM · Permalink · Report

WHy do you answer like that? I was just expressing my frustration that I can't find any hints on doing anything with that bug.

Rwolf (22823) on 12/17/2017 11:21 PM · Permalink · Report

Some odd bugs are effects in DOSBox only, and may not have been seen on a PC from that time. (I have seen some such myself on a few occasions) In those cases, it might be possible to ask at Vogon's (DOSBox) forums if anyone have seen the same.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66360) on 12/18/2017 5:47 AM · Permalink · Report

I'm not trying to be mean to you, I'm suggesting a potential avenue around your obstacle. I have kept machines around for the sole purpose of successfully engaging specific generations of software that don't cut it under emulation... you could also!