Notice: A scammer is sending out emails on behalf of MobyGames. If you receive an email from [email protected], please Report as Spam!

antstream
Written by  :  Willie Simpson (6)
Written on  :  Aug 17, 2007
read more reviews by Willie Simpson

Summary

Brilliant once in a life-time game

The Good

Nearly everything, the graphics were colorful and fluid, the sound, provided by the disney sound card was great, and the gameplay was just fantastic. I haven't played the game in years, but this is what I remember. You basically cruise around a large city with different sections, basically like a pre-cursor to GTA...your radio goes off as a crime is being reported, and you have to find the location. If you get their quick enough, which was possible if you were luckily in the right area, you could actually stop the crime in progress at the scene by busting in and gunning down everyone. If not, you also may be lucky enough to track the escaping gettaway car and shoot the crap out of it and arrest the guy that way. Anyway, most times, you just arrive at the crime scene, which also incredibly interesting cause the scenes were these awesomely rendered places with attics, basements, backdoors to alleyways, littered with all sorts of clues. You collect the clues, take em to the crime lab to be analyzed, and narrow down the suspects. Then you cruise around town pulling over bad guys to shake em down for information. A lot of times they don't want to give you anything, and you have to shoot it out with their goons. The more intelligent and notorious the crook, the more goons he had protecting them. The fights were hard and bloody, and once you wasted a guy, he sunk into the ground (hah, cause he's going to hell)...Anyway, the game gets progressively harder, and there are all sorts of interesting sub-plots involving the kid, and madonna, and your girlfriend. Also, once you get all the clues to finger the crook, you have to find his hideout, which isn't always easy, and then you invade his turf. Some real low-life crooks lived in the sewers, while the richer ones had swankier places with many exits. OHH, thats the other great thing, running down the crook. They jump out of windows, go through manholes, climb up and down ladders, and make crazy jumps over ledges that are crumbling, all while shooting at you, as you do the same. It was just exciting for so many reasons.

The Bad

Nothing, I played it religiously when I was 10-12 till I beat it. I seriously would play it now if my disney sound source wasn't busted, my old pc wasn't wasted, and if I still had the activation code wheel.

The Bottom Line

An overlooked CLASSIC, that if remade today, would be incredible. Someone out there should update the graphics just a little, import the sound, and make it available to download, it would be a hit. Screw that, just put that on X-Box Live or something. God, I'd love to play it again.

antstream