antstream
Written by  :  Alexander von Roon (3)
Written on  :  May 04, 2021

read more reviews by Alexander von Roon

Summary

Dragon's Lair Arcade game was unique

The Good

We would stand in line and bum money to give to the random best player we found on the street just to see where this great game brings us & what new adventures and castles await.
The DOS version of Dragon's Lair was rather slow compared to the Arcade Game, which seemed to be the fastest out there. We did enjoy the 2 D Graphics; especially the Prince, Princess and Dragon are nicely animated. Shrek always reminded me a bit of this great game. Highly recommend it. If you can get your hands on the Arcade Game (we had some at G4 / E! Entertainment). even better.

The Bad

The Arcade game was rather expensive and one only had three tries I think. The PC and home computer versions were rather slow & the graphics were not so nice. I also miss the Arcade games that were based on Star Wars & Galactica movies. Have not seen these for a while. If anyone knows where to locate them, please let me know. Used to play them in London Oxford Circle. Thanks.

The Bottom Line

It starts really fast. Thanks to Cinematronics laserdisc technology. You get to see how the evil & scary Dragon Singe captures Princess Daphne and locks her in Mordroc Castle with a mean wizard. Suddenly you get thrown in the game as the protagonist Dirk the Daring attempting to rescue Princess Daphne & fighting the Dragon.

antstream