🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > DreamWeb > Release in the US

Edwin Drost (9474) on 1/24/2017 11:09 PM · Permalink · Report

In the Releases there is an entry that says that it also was released in the US. Should not there be covers, etc. in the Cover Art?

Rwolf (22827) on 1/25/2017 12:53 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Yes, but MobyGames don't allow just copying the covers from anywhere: either you have a game to scan yourself (in case of physical covers) , or you get permission from whoever has such a box scanned on another site.

(I would not expect a site with a similar use as MobyGames to want to give up their covers to a potential 'competitor' for traffic.)

Sometimes I ask sellers on ebay etc, for use of their scans, if they are of good enough resolution, and not looking too bad; at other times I've asked online vintage shops for old covers - no watermarks allowed.

However, any actual information gleaned from such covers can be used with reference, regardless if the cover is on our site or not, thus there can be a note of releases seen elsewhere, while there is no covers seen here.

Digital/download 'covers' can be taken from publishers sites. I'm sure others know more Moby rules to follow, but this is what I can recall now.

Edwin Drost (9474) on 1/25/2017 5:10 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I find it interesting that no members has the US release themselves and post scans of it. If you know what I mean. Was not it that popular in the US?

Rwolf (22827) on 1/25/2017 5:36 PM · Permalink · Report

Possibly those who may have it, lack scanners? Who knows.

(I've got friends who during their lives gradually reduced their games size by throwing away boxes, and unneccessary things like manuals...and eventually the games themselves, due to space limits and other interests, e.g. spouses&kids...)

Edwin Drost (9474) on 6/3/2017 12:49 PM · Permalink · Report

Oh. Look what I have found in my collection of the PC games;

Foxhack (32100) on 6/17/2017 2:37 AM · Permalink · Report

Yes, I own that release too. I got it shrinkwrapped, but I never found out if it was released in a box or not (I know the packaging suggests otherwise.)

Edwin Drost (9474) on 6/17/2017 5:39 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I cannot remember it how it actually was back then in around 1994 (I bought it back then) as well. Could it be a Jewel Case like the GB release? ( http://www.mobygames.com/game/dreamweb/cover-art/gameCoverId,65943/)

How should I put my scans (as seen in my previous post) on MG if it is not known (at this moment) if it was a box or Jewel case? It is the US release, right? Or is it another GB release that has USA and UPC barcode on it for some reason?

The only one that I found who looks like the one that I have is: http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Dream-Web-Pc-CD-Rom-Jewel-Case-1994-/272712456104?hash=item3f7eedd7a8:g:~ZQAAOSw-89ZPT9t

Interestingly enough, it says that the USK is 6+. Yeah sure. At that age it would be okay to play such game, ah? It also say PAL. But it has an UPC barcode and USA on it?

PS: The UK, German and Spanish 3.5 release of the game has an UPC bar instead of an EAN. It makes it more complicated to know which one is an US release and one that was published in Europe. I do not like it. If you know what I mean.