antstream
Written by  :  Michelle (193)
Written on  :  Feb 21, 2002

read more reviews by Michelle

Summary

Totally excellent for its time!

The Good

There are evil Mongols in the galaxy, and your job is to travel around the sectors and exterminate the lot. The Mongols pose a threat to the Union (yeah a take off of that wonderful phenomenon that we call Star Trek).

You are a pretty little yellow ship, and you can see yourself on the lovely blue grid. The Mongol ships are blue, green or red or a variety of colours, and there are also Mongol bases.

You get to throw in coordinated amongst 64 sectors and go around exterminating them. You can rescue friendly planets and ships too. Friendly bases are good for stocking up on supplies.

This game is just darn entertaining. I love it and I played it for years and years. Never getting bored.

The Bad

I'm going to say 'nothing'. I love this game, and I enjoyed it immensely. You might not like this game as its text based, and thats not really 'in' these days ;)

The Bottom Line

A completely cool clone of a very early Star Trek game, but better than any of the Star Trek games IMO.

antstream