Join our Discord to chat with fellow friendly gamers and our knowledgeable video game historians!

Written by  :  Tomer Gabel (4646)
Written on  :  Jan 24, 2000

read more reviews by Tomer Gabel

Summary

An interesting and innovative underdog.

The Good

I don't know why this game got so little attention. It is very original, with an interesting plot and nice implementation. The game engine is well-programmed and reasonably fast, and the graphics are good too. The sound effects are great and so is the music, with great sound routines for Creative AWE32/AWE64 sound cards, a nice arsenal of weapons and good level layout.

The Bad

I don't know what it is about this game that made it such a failure, but it seems quite good in general. I didn't get a chance to play it a lot, but what I can say is that although the engine is quite good, is looks somehow non-dynamic. Perhaps (but don't quote me on this) it's the lack of proper scene lighting. It's a bit discouraging, but still does not warrant the disappearance of a game of this caliber. Other than this, I would be hard pressed to find real flaws in the game.

The Bottom Line

A good shooter with a plot and good level design. I still don't understand why it went under.