Falcon 3.0 Trivia (DOS)
Cancelled add-onSpectrum Holobyte at one time planned an additional expansion pack for Falcon 3.0 in the same vein as MiG-29: Deadly Adversary of Falcon 3.0, Hornet: Naval Strike Fighter, and Falcon 3.0: Operation - Fighting Tiger that would let players fly an A-10 Warthog. Advertisements were even made and distributed with Falcon Gold (a CD-ROM version that boxed all of the above in a single set), but the game never saw the light of day.
DevelopmentFalcon 3.0 was one of the few games released before 1995 that specifically utilized the optional add-in math coprocessor (now standard on everything made since the 80486) for additional functionality. With a math coprocessor, the game would give the player the option of using it to improve the accuracy of the flight model and increase detail, without slowing down the simulation.
- Computer Gaming World
- November 1992 (Issue #100) – Simulation of the Year
- March 1995 (Issue #128) – Introduced into the Hall of Fame
- November 1996 (15th anniversary issue) - #10 in the "150 Best Games of All Time” list
- November 1996 (15th anniversary issue) – #7 Most Innovative Computer Game
- November 1996 (15th anniversary issue) – #9 Hardest Computer Game
- PC Powerplay (Germany)
- Issue 07/2006 - #4 Best Packaging (together with Falcon 4.0)
- PC Games (Germany)
- Issue 01/1993– Best Simulation in 1992
- Power Play
- Issue 02/1992 – Best Simulation in 1991
Contributed by Trixter (9110) on Jun 17, 2000. [revised by : Cantillon (34060) and Patrick Bregger (256925)]. -- edit trivia