🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Full Throttle > Patch?

RJ Pieper on 10/16/2008 2:33 PM · Permalink · Report

Howdy, I have had this game for years and I LOVE it. But I want to play it on my newer computers and it says that there was a patch released so I could do so. I cannot seem to find it anywhere, does anyone have any links or anything to help me find it? The game actually runs fine as far as I can tell, it just has no sound because the game doesn't recognize my sound card.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66360) on 10/16/2008 3:53 PM · Permalink · Report

If you play it in SCUMMVM, you can probably scoop the patching and play it on all sorts of computers modern and otherwise.

Xoleras (66141) on 10/16/2008 4:05 PM · Permalink · Report

Besides, the patch won't help in this case anyway, as it is just for the DOS version. Either go with what Pseudo said or get the Windows version.

Slug Camargo (583) on 10/17/2008 8:42 PM · Permalink · Report

I'd go with SCUMMVM. The Windows version probably will have some problem or other in XP, let alone Vista. SCUMMVM heals IT ALL!! ALL HAIL SCUMMVM!!!!11 =D

Xoleras (66141) on 10/17/2008 9:31 PM · Permalink · Report

This isn't a Windows 95 game "made" directly after it came out - like so many other games. It was released 7 years later then the DOS version with fully Windows 2000/XP support, so it will also run in Vista.

NatsFan (68) on 10/20/2008 10:44 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Dr. Von Katze wrote--]I'd go with SCUMMVM. The Windows version probably will have some problem or other in XP, let alone Vista. SCUMMVM heals IT ALL!! ALL HAIL SCUMMVM!!!!11 =D [/Q --end Dr. Von Katze wrote--] As amazing as ScummVM is, the purists use DOSBox. It lets you play the DOS versions of the games as they are without replicated executables. And, not to mention, it also has some of those fancy graphics filters that ScummVM flaunts so much in its screenshots.

RJ Pieper on 10/23/2008 5:52 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I got SCUMMVM and it is not recognizing the game on my Hard drive, Any ideas? The game plays fine on its own, I just have no sound.