Goblins Quest 3 (DOS)

Setting
Written by  :  Afex Tween (173)
Written on  :  Feb 05, 2003

read more reviews by Afex Tween

Summary

Less goblins - more fun!!

The Good

This is the last contribution to all time classical goblins series - and the best one, I must say. You now have to navigate only one goblin (as the result of one "i" in the name of game), though he get help from other characters (the green parrot, the magician and even his own reflection) almost on every level. The game has no inroduction, but there is an option in the menu from which you can read about your mission from a local paper, which our hero, Blount, works for as a reporter. Despite of this feature and all the "puzzleness" of the game, it has a very interesting and deep story. Your mission, at first, is to take the intervue from beautiful Queen Xina and evil King Bodd, who suddenly became enemies. Your first task will be to get off the flying ship which is bombered with boulders (and it's only the beggining!). Furthemore, you not only have to make king and queen friends again (even more then friends, I must tell you!), but also find and save your own love, solve the genius puzzle maze and even became a werewolf! The game, as the previous ones, is devided into levels (from one to three at a time), which a very challeging and original. Check this out: you'll become a giant and very small, you'll turn into a werewolf and grew wings, you'll see yourself as a two floughting arms and in the role of a little bug on the face of your enemy. You'll have to play for yout shadow, your reflection and, finally, you'll divide into your good and bad parts. This is the most challeging game I've ever played!!

The Bad

The game is rather difficult and has some illogical or hard to understand moments, which it is usually blamed for. Also someone might be complaying about the graphics, the lack of voices and story or the very simplified controls, but believe me, it is just the right graphics, story and controls for such a game.

The Bottom Line

A great final to one of my most favourite series ever! Great challeging puzzles, interesting story, funny characters, build-in hint system (the feature that, in my opinion, should be in every more or less difficult adventure game), no deaths or dead ends and tons of fun!! What more do you want?! (And also try to find out the real personality of Blount! You met him somewhere before... :))