Not an American user?
DescriptionThe Incredible Machine is a puzzle game where the player has to assemble a Rube Goldberg-type contraption to solve a simple puzzle.
The game consists of a series of puzzles, each having a simple objective, such as "put the baseball into the basket" or "turn on the fan". To achieve this, the player is given a number of parts such as: balls, girders, rope, balloons, seesaws, cats or monkeys, and his job is to arrange and connect them on the playfield, so that, upon clicking the "start puzzle" button, the whole contraption activates and achieves the objective.
For added difficulty, some puzzles have different gravity or air pressure from that of Earth.
There is also a freeform mode where the player is given an unlimited number of parts to construct a machine of his own invention. The machines created this way can be saved to disk.
- "インクレヂィブル・マシーン" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Games that include map/level editor
- Games with manual lookup copy protection
- Genre: Rube Goldberg machine
- The Incredible Machine series
|Dynamix goes all Acme on us||Zovni (10623)|
|Brilliant puzzler||Condemned (75)|
|This one takes brains to play||Mullet of Death (653)|
|Wiley Coyote Fantasies||Darin McCoy (11)||unrated|
|Top Secret||Jul, 1993||10 out of 10||100|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Feb, 1993||10 out of 12||83|
|Play Time||1993||83 out of 100||83|
|Play Time||Feb, 1993||81 out of 100||81|
|Joker Verlag präsentiert: Sonderheft||1993||80 out of 100||80|
|PC Joker||Feb, 1993||80 out of 100||80|
|Retro Archives||Sep 19, 2018||16 out of 20||80|
|Digitiser||Jan 10, 1993||4 out of 5||80|
|PC Player (Germany)||Jan, 1993||74 out of 100||74|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|No Mac version||2||Sciere (798119)
Aug 09, 2022
1001 Video GamesThe Incredible Machine appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
HolidaysIf you were playing the game on Christmas or Valentines Day, you would get a heart shaped balloon (indestructible) or a Christmas tree (rather useless).
- Computer Gaming World
- November 1996 (15th anniversary issue) – #62 in the “150 Best Games of All Time” list
- September 2006 (Issue #266) – Introduced into the Hall of Fame
Related Web Sites
- Level Cheat Codes (Password codes for all of the levels - even the Secret ones.)
- S&F Prod.'s The Incredible Machine Page (Here you'll find a homemade machine and cheats.)
- Solution (Walkthrough with strategies on how to solve everything)
elron (217) added The Incredible Machine (DOS) on Oct 05, 2000
Credits (13 people)