Not an American user?
DescriptionIn this game, the player controls a writer who had just moved into a cottage located on the coastal area of the state Oregon. Near the cottage is a lighthouse, inhabited by the eccentric Dr. Jeremiah Krick and his daughter Amanda. One day, glancing out of the window, the hero(ine) notices that the lighthouse has been struck by lightning. Dr. Krick has also left an unclear message on the answering machine, imploring the protagonist to come as soon as possible. Upon arriving at the lighthouse, the protagonist finds out that its inhabitants have been kidnapped by a mysterious being, and transported into a parallel universe. A strange new world must be explored, and its mysteries solved, in order to bring back Dr. Krick and his daughter...
Lighthouse: The Dark Being is a first-person adventure game conceived in the vein of Myst. Locations are represented as pre-rendered still screens. Interaction with the environment is performed with a simple single-cursor, point-and-click interface. Similarly to Myst, the puzzles are notable for their difficulty, and are logic- rather than inventory-based, consisting of careful observation, clue-gathering, and manipulation of the environments.
- "מגדלור - היצור האפל" -- Hebrew spelling
- "Lighthouse: Las fuerzas de las tinieblas" -- Spanish title
- "Lighthouse: Il Faro" -- Italian title
- "Lighthouse: Das Dunkle Wesen" -- German title
- "Lighthouse: A Criatura das Trevas" -- Brazilian title
Part of the Following Groups
|Lighthouse: The Myst Clone||Katakis | カタキス (42876)|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Dec 02, 1996||82 out of 100||82|
|PC Joker||Sep, 1996||78 out of 100||78|
|PC Player (Denmark)||1996||76 out of 100||76|
|Gamesmania.de||1996||75 out of 100||75|
|Adventure Lantern||Apr, 2006||72 out of 100||72|
|GameSpot||Oct 17, 1996||6.4 out of 10||64|
|Power Play||Sep, 1996||62 out of 100||62|
|PC Player (Germany)||Sep, 1996||60|
|PC Games||Dec, 1996||C+||58|
|PC Games (Germany)||Sep, 1996||53 out of 100||53|
There are currently no topics for this game.
PuzzlesThere is a puzzle in Lighthouse that requires the player to open a safe by inputting the appropriate numbers via a combination dial. The deceivingly simple puzzle became such a plight to the players, that Sierra, the Developer, released the solution to the safe-combination puzzle on their web site. Honesty has never been so appreciated.
Related Web Sites
- Lighthouse Hints (If you're stuck in Lighthouse, Robert Norton's hints will definitely help you.)
- Linda Shaw's Walkthrough (Excellent walkthrough for Lighthouse)
- Review - Lighthouse (A review of Lighthouse by Andrew Plotkin)
- Windows XP Set up (If you want to play Lighthouse on a Windows XP system, this page explains how to set it up.)
RKL (5734) added Lighthouse: The Dark Being (DOS) on Sep 06, 1999
Credits (82 people)
77 developers, 5 thanks