DescriptionMortville Manor is an adventure game which takes place in February of 1951. As private detective Jérôme Lange, you are sent a telegram by Julia Defranck, a childhood friend. In it, she informs you that she is very ill and in grave danger. She urges you to join her in her mansion and advises discretion. Once there, you learn she has passed away. You must solve the mystery. But beware; if you don't tread lightly, you will be sent away, or worse...
The gameplay focuses on conducting a detective investigation rather than on inventory-based puzzles, though items must be found and examined for its purposes. Conversations with suspects offer a wide variety of topics. The player wanders through the mansion at his own pace, but events would sometimes occur regardless of his actions. The game's interface consists of drop-down menus, including about 20 different verbs used for interactions.
- "Le manoir de Mortevielle" -- French title
- "Der Landsitz von Mortville" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Jeuxvideo.com||Feb 11, 2010||18 out of 20||90|
|Retro Archives||Nov 25, 2018||14.5 out of 20||72|
|Adventurearchiv||May 27, 2009||54 out of 100||54|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- 1989/1 (issue #16): ACE Adventure Awards 1988: "Prettiest game of the year" (editorial choice)
Related Web Sites
- Mortville Manor - Wikipedia (information about the game in the open encyclopedia)
- The X Web - www.lankhor.net (The games Lankhor)
Frederic LETELLIER (45) added Mortville Manor (DOS) on Oct 12, 2000