Forums > Game Forums > Polanie > Victory/Polanie/Osadnici - game split?

Rola (8483) on 10/5/2009 9:12 PM · Permalink · Report

How do we deal with that game?

• Was never released in English. "Victory" title only for German version. Mobygames uses original title if there's no English release - hence, main title should be "Polanie", with "Victory" as alternate.

• Or maybe we should split it? "Victory" was not only different title/cover & translated text. A lot of content was changed: animated intro, title screen, story(!), map background (!) - this is because the distributor assumed German players won't be very interested in unifying Polish/Slavic tribes :) so they changed it all to Germanic tribes. There was no CD version for Germany, so only Polish re-release has rendered intro.
    I haven't check the Czech version yet.

Only when this issue is cleared I can upload screenshots (and I'm trying to get screens for all 3 versions to show differences).

The Fabulous King (1332) on 10/5/2009 9:16 PM · Permalink · Report

If that's the case, I'd say split but with pretending that the german version is part of the same series.

Rola (8483) on 10/6/2009 6:05 AM · Permalink · Report

Of course it should be in the same group.

Since some "collectors' editions" often get separate entries, I think splitting would help to avoid a mess in screenshot & credits sections.

chirinea (47496) on 10/6/2009 8:54 PM · Permalink · Report

So, in order to split them, you should contribute a separate entry. Our current description fits Victory or Polanie? If it fits Polanie, submit a new entry for Victory, describing what differences it holds. If it fits Victory, just do the opposite. After the new entry is approved, come back and ask for all the relevant info to be moved.

Xoleras (66141) on 10/7/2009 7:49 PM · Permalink · Report

I don't know...

New intro, backgrounds etc., not really worthy for a new game entry.

And that Slavic tribes became Germanic tribes is IMHO just a matter of localization. Like Nazis are replaced with Wolf Clan members in Wolfenstein games in Germany. Do we split those games as well? :)

chirinea (47496) on 10/7/2009 7:58 PM · Permalink · Report

Wonder Boy got changed for Mônica in Brazil and I wouldn't call it just a matter of "localization". The whole story gets changed. =)

Rola (8483) on 10/7/2009 11:56 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Xoleras wrote--]And that Slavic tribes became Germanic tribes is IMHO just a matter of localization. Like Nazis are replaced with Wolf Clan members in Wolfenstein games in Germany. [/Q --end Xoleras wrote--] I'd say it's rather drastic change... like transforming "Rome - Total War" into "Gauls - Total Guerre" for French release, with Asterix as the emperor :)

OK, I'm going to update the description (+ trivia) to explain this matter, but I will request all current screens to be lead by "(Victory)" because I'll be uploading more, marking them (Polanie) or (Osadnici).

Xoleras (66141) on 10/8/2009 1:58 AM · Permalink · Report

Okay, if it is that drastic, a new game entry might be good after all I guess. :)

Rola (8483) on 10/8/2009 2:26 AM · Permalink · Report

But for the time being I must collect those 2-3 sets of screenshots...