DescriptionQuest for Glory I: So You Want To Be A Hero is a remake of Hero's Quest: So You Want To Be A Hero.
The remake features 256-color VGA graphics. Locations have been re-drawn, and character portraits appear during conversations. This version also has an icon-based interface instead of the text input of the original, very similar to the one used by Sierra for their adventure titles. The player selects dialogue choices from a dialogue menu, as opposed to typing in conversation topics in the earlier release. A few changes have been made to the dialogue, adding (or altering) some of the easter eggs and references to other games.
Combat now features clay models for the enemies and stop-motion animation. The perspective has been switched to an over-the-shoulder view farther away from the player. Battle commands (two types of attacks, parry, and dodge) are displayed as icons on a shield in the corner of the screen. The player can switch to the spell menu at any time, and also click the middle of the screen to escape from combat.
There are no promo images for this game
- "QFG1" -- Fan abbreviation
- "영웅의 길 I: 당신도 영웅이 되고 싶은가" -- Korean spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Enhanced remakes
- Game Engine: Sierra's Creative Interpreter (SCI)
- Gameplay feature: Character development - Repetition
- Gameplay feature: Hunger / Thirst
- Quest for Glory series
- Sierra remakes
|The DOS Spirit||Dec 17, 2009||5 out of 6||83|
|Power Play||Aug, 1992||82 out of 100||82|
|Joker Verlag präsentiert: Sonderheft||1993||80 out of 100||80|
|Aventura y Cía||Mar 16, 2002||80|
|Adventure Classic Gaming||Oct 21, 1997||80|
|Adventure Gamers||Sep 20, 2006||70|
|A Force for Good||Apr, 2006||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- If you walk right, straight out of Spielburg, then back to the Spielburg gates a few times, you'll meet up with the father from the TV series Dinosaurs
- When you take a look at the lamp in the Kattas Tail Inn, it says "Lamp for rent. Inquire in Quest for Glory 2: Trial by Fire for information."
- Keep clicking the eye icon on the trees, because you'll eventually get one called a "Daventree". This is a reference to Daventry, the main setting of King's Quest.
- Every now and then when the Gargoyle above Erasmus's house asks "What is your Quest?" (obvious Monty Python joke) one of the answer choices is "I want to be a pirate!" This is, of course, a reference to The Secret of Monkey Island. If you select it, the Gargoyle says "Boy, have you got the wrong game," and sends you back down the mountain.
- When the gargoyle above Erasmus's house asks the name of the hero, one of the answer options is "Call me Ishmael." This is a reference to Moby Dick.
- The most common password to the thieves guild in the game is 'schwertfisch'. Schwertfisch is German for swordfish, which in turn is the password to a speakeasy in the Marx Brothers movie Horse Feathers.
- The town of Spielburg is, of course, named after Steven Spielberg. Sam the beggar also makes a reference to Amblin, which is Steven Spielberg's production company.
- In Erasmus' house there is a Sarcophagus tied in with a ribbon, called a Lara Bow (a reference to the character Laura Bow from The Colonel's Bequest and The Dagger of Amon Ra).