DescriptionRedneck Rampage is a pseudo-3D first person shooter much like Duke Nukem 3D, with 2D sprites for enemies and other objects. In fact, it uses the same Build engine as Duke Nukem 3D.
Redneck Rampage also has a singularly unique setting... instead of taking place in an alien installation or secret government facility, the game is set in the backwater small town of Hickston, Arkansas.
It seems that a bunch of tabloid leather-fetish cyborg aliens have abducted the town's stereotypical redneck inhabitants and cloned them. The aliens have also abducted Bessie, the prize pig of brothers Leonard and Bubba. As Leonard you'll have to fight the local yokel clones as well as the aliens throughout Hickston to rescue your pig.
The 'Redneck' theme is used very heavily. Levels range from trailer parks to chicken processing plants, and the arsenal of odd weapons include a gun that shoots circular saws, a TNT crossbow, and even a machine gun bra. Also, instead of armor and health kits, you restore health and become tougher by drinking whisky and eating pork rinds. But if you drink too much you go into "drunk mode" with blurred vision and stumbling movement.
Part of the Following Groups
- 2.5D Engine: Build
- BPjS / BPjM indexed games
- Gameplay feature: Recordable replays
- Redneck Rampage series
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Apr 30, 1997||91 out of 100||91|
|PC Multimedia & Entertainment||Jul 15, 1997||85 out of 100||85|
|Privat Computer PC||1997||84 out of 100||84|
|CyberJoy||Apr 01, 1998||4 out of 5||80|
|Gamezilla||Aug 17, 2000||79 out of 100||79|
|Power Play||May, 1997||76 out of 100||76|
|PC Joker||May, 1997||71 out of 100||71|
|Gamesmania.de||1997||70 out of 100||70|
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||Jul 31, 1997||60|
|Just Games Retro||Jun 11, 2012||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaOn September 30, 1997, Redneck Rampage was put on the infamous German index by the BPjS. For more information about what this means and to see a list of games sharing the same fate, take a look here: BPjS/BPjM indexed games.
Related Web Sites
- Bertram's Lair (Cool site for all games in the Redneck Series. Also, download 'Route 66' for free!)
- Redneck Rampage (official game site at Interplay's, archived copy from 1997 by the Wayback Machine)
- The Redneck Rampage Barnyard (Fan site with information and files.)
- The Redneck Rampage Webpage (Site with forum, cheats, various files and information.)
- Totally Redneck (Seems someone actually made a page for this game. Contains walkthroughs and custom levels for the game and the various add-on packs for it.)