DescriptionRedneck Rampage is a pseudo-3D first person shooter much like Duke Nukem 3D, with 2D sprites for enemies and other objects. In fact, it uses the same Build engine as Duke Nukem 3D.
Redneck Rampage also has a singularly unique setting... instead of taking place in an alien installation or secret government facility, the game is set in the backwater small town of Hickston, Arkansas.
It seems that a bunch of tabloid leather-fetish cyborg aliens have abducted the town's stereotypical redneck inhabitants and cloned them. The aliens have also abducted Bessie, the prize pig of brothers Leonard and Bubba. As Leonard you'll have to fight the local yokel clones as well as the aliens throughout Hickston to rescue your pig.
The 'Redneck' theme is used very heavily. Levels range from trailer parks to chicken processing plants, and the arsenal of odd weapons include a gun that shoots circular saws, a TNT crossbow, and even a machine gun bra. Also, instead of armor and health kits, you restore health and become tougher by drinking whisky and eating pork rinds. But if you drink too much you go into "drunk mode" with blurred vision and stumbling movement.
Part of the Following Groups
- 2.5D Engine: Build
- BPjS / BPjM indexed games
- Gameplay feature: Recordable replays
- Redneck Rampage series
|PC Multimedia & Entertainment||Jul 15, 1997||85 out of 100||85|
|PC Zone||Aug 13, 2001||8.4 out of 10||84|
|PC Jeux||Jun, 1997||80 out of 100||80|
|CyberJoy||Apr 01, 1998||4 out of 5||80|
|Pelit||May, 1997||79 out of 100||79|
|Power Play||May, 1997||76 out of 100||76|
|GameSpot||May 14, 1997||7.4 out of 10||74|
|GameTrip.net||Mar 21, 2007||6 out of 10||60|
|PC Player (Germany)||Jun, 1997||60|
|Game Informer Magazine||Jun, 2007||6 out of 10||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaThis game normally works fine under a Windows operated DOS shell, right until you reach the game's final boss. At that point the game WILL crash back to the desktop with an error message. If you want to fight the final boss and see the ending, you'll have to play the game under pure DOS. Playing the game under Windows operated DOS shell will also make impossible to finish 'Ruins' level (ep.2, lvl.4). Last door will not open unless you play that level in pure DOS.
Related Web Sites
- Bertram's Lair (Cool site for all games in the Redneck Series. Also, download 'Route 66' for free!)
- Redneck Rampage (official game site at Interplay's, archived copy from 1997 by the Wayback Machine)
- The Redneck Rampage Barnyard (Fan site with information and files.)
- The Redneck Rampage Webpage (Site with forum, cheats, various files and information.)
- Totally Redneck (Seems someone actually made a page for this game. Contains walkthroughs and custom levels for the game and the various add-on packs for it.)