Ultima V: Warriors of Destiny Ad Blurbs (DOS)
Advertising BlurbsBack of Box - C64/C128/DOS (UK):
Warriors of DestinyFrom Lord British, one of fantasy gaming's most imaginative authors, comes Ultima V, latest in the award-winning Ultima saga. More than four man-years in the making, a labyrinth of mystery and intrigue, Ultima V: Warriors of Destiny will be your greatest challenge!
The fantastic discovery of the new underworld entices Lord British from Britannia to explore the vast reaches of the unknown. Mysteriously, all contact with the good king and his companions is lost. In Britannia, fear tums to panic when the group's sole survivor returns with dreaded tales of the expeditions fate.
In a desperate call to arms you are summoned back to Britannia to discover the fate of Lord British and to defeat the self-righteous army that is founded in misguided virtues.
Ultima V Features:
□ Twice the graphic variety of Ultima IV
□ 8 Dungeons include several new types of animation and detailed Monsters
□ Interactive conversations with over 200 characters
□ Over 30 towns to explore, some with as many as 5 levels
□ 10 available party members, up to 6 in your party at a time
□ Enhanced combat system.
Contributed by jean-louis (48244) on Feb 16, 2020.
Warriors of Destiny™The Avatar Returns! Warriors of Destiny picks up where Quest of the Avatar left off; a self-contained game continuing the characters and challenges that have made Ultima® the greatest series of role playing games ever! Lord British has disappeared in the Underworld and the once-trusted Blackthorn has risen to power. You, the Avatar, hero of Britannia, and your team must rescue Lord British. On the way you'll meet hundreds of characters in panoramic lands; you'll battle the Shadowlords, horrible creatures bent on total destruction. But will you ever escape from the Underworld? Real role playing excitement!
■ Developed by the originators of the award-winning, best-selling PC game
■ 84 page, full color Hint Book included!
■ More than 2 megs of memory; over 100 hours of game time
■ Interacts with hundreds of characters
■ Long life lithium battery saves score and play position
Sequel to Ultima Quest of the Avatar and Ultima Exodus, the Role Playing Game of the Year!
Contributed by jean-louis (48244) on Feb 15, 2020.
ULTIMA: WARRIORS OF DESTINY (NES)
- Choose from Nine unique characters with whom to travel in your party
- Hundreds of characters with whom to interact, including Shamino, Dupre & Iolo
- Over 100 hours of game play
- Real role-playing at its best
Contributed by Jeanne (76388) on Oct 11, 2002.
ULTIMA V – WARRIORS OF DESTINY
- Exploit the powerful combat system – watch your axes fly and your arrows soar.
- Weave spells to conjure demons, call forth rushing winds of flame or become invisible.
- See murmuring fountains, ticking clocks and lighthouses that cut swaths of light through the night.
- Explore over 30 multi-level villages, towns, castles and keeps, some with as many as five levels.
”NOTE: Each Ultima game can be played separately and in any order. No previous experience necessary."
Contributed by Jeanne (76388) on Oct 07, 2002.
LEAD THE SEARCH FOR LORD BRITISH
Lord British, benevolent sovereign of Britannia, has been lost on an expedition to explore the newly-discovered Underworld. The once-loyal Blackthorn has assumed the throne and imposed martial law to keep the peace. But he is soon seduced by power and becomes a tyrannical dictator, aided by shadowy lords of evil from another age. Only you, the Avatar of Legend, can save the True King and end Blackthorn’s reign of terror!
Enter the realm of Britannia: a world rich in history, adventure, and intrigue. Lord British, the benevolent ruler of Britannia, has been lost on an expedition to explore the vast reaches of a newly discovered underworld. Panic erupts in Britannia when the sole survivor of the expedition returns with dread tales of their fate.
- Watch your axes fly and your arrows soar, with detailed animated graphics.
- Weave spells to conjure daemons, call forth rushing winds of flame, or become invisible to the enemy.
- Employ more sophisticated combat strategies as your experience -- and the challenge -- increases.
- Over twice the graphic detail, animation and sound effects of earlier games, with murmuring fountains, ticking clocks and lighthouses that cut swaths of light through the night.
- Over 30 multi-level villages, towns, castles and keeps to explore, some with as many as five levels.
- A vast new underworld, equal in size to Britannia and populated by a host of shadowy creatures never known before.
- Townsfolk and villagers go about their daily activities of working, eating and sleeping according to their own individual schedules.
- The sun and twin moons rise and set while within the fortified towns and castles drawbridges raise and portcullises drop to protect the inhabitants at night.
- Carry on sophisticated, life-like conversations, buy, sell or trade with hundreds of people throughout the Realm.
To restore peace, the trusted but ambitious subject, Blackthorne seizes control of Britannia. His fanatical devotion to order ultimately transforms him into a self-righteous tyrant. Now, Britannia's destiny depends on your ability to discover the fate of Lord British and to unseat the merciless Blackthorn.
Highlights of Ultima V
Powerful new combat system
Unprecedented variety and detail
Realistic, Living World
More than two years in the making, Warriors of Destiny sets the new standard for the role-playing genre. No other game can offer you as beautifully detailed a world or as exciting an adventure. Ultima V is the game for all role-playing gamers; Warriors of Destiny will enchant the novice and challenge the expert.
Contributed by Belboz (6582) on Apr 14, 2001.
The wait is over... but the excitement has just begun.
- Powerful new combat and magic systems, increasing in sophistication as your skill increases.
- Over twice the graphic detail, animation and sound effects of earlier games.
- Hundreds of truly life-like people who can carry on complex conversations and interactions with you.
More than two years in the making, Warriors of Destiny sets the new standard for role-playing games. No other game can offer you as beautifully detailed a world or as exciting an adventure. Ultima V is the game for all role-playing gamers: Warriors of Destiny will enchant the novice and challenge the expert.
Highlights of Ultima V
Contributed by Belboz (6582) on Apr 11, 2001.
The acquisition of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom created a karmic imbalance in the universe, resulting in the emergence of three sinister Shadowlords from the shards of the black jewel of Mondain. Their trickery and deceit allowed them to imprison Lord British in their underworld dungeon and compelled the leaders of Britannia to oppress the people. The once noble Lord Blackthorn became the human agent who fulfilled their evil intent. (from the Ultima Collection)
Contributed by George Shannon (115) on Jan 28, 2000.