DescriptionDouble Dribble is a basketball action game for one or two players. You can select different time limits for games, select teams, and begin playing! Gameplay is entirely action, so no time needs to be spent customizing the teams or with statistics. You control each player on the team one at a time (the player with or about to receive the ball will be human controlled, with the computer taking over the other players temporarily.) Some versions feature a small amount of digitized sound effects, and close ups of slam dunks.
- "Konamic Basket" -- Japanese Game Boy title
- "Hyper Dunk" -- European Game Boy title
- "Exciting Basket" -- Japanese NES title
- "Double Drible" -- Brazilian CCE's Top Game title
- "Double Dribble: 5 on 5" -- Game Boy title
- "エキサイティング バスケット" -- Japanese NES spelling
- "コナミックバスケット" -- Japanese Game Boy spelling
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
|Player One||NES||Nov, 1990||85 out of 100||85|
|Super Power||Game Boy||Sep, 1992||83 out of 100||83|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||NES||Sep, 1988||9.75 out of 12||81|
|Tilt||NES||May, 1990||16 out of 20||80|
|Ação Games||NES||Jun, 1991||75|
|The Video Game Critic||NES||Aug 02, 2005||B-||67|
|Power Play||NES||Apr, 1990||65 out of 100||65|
|Video Games||Game Boy||Apr, 1994||60 out of 100||60|
|Electronic Gaming Monthly (EGM)||Game Boy||Feb, 1991||20 out of 40||50|
|Total! (Germany)||Game Boy||Mar, 1994||3.75 out of 6||45|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Version differencesThe Japanese version of the NES port was released for the Famicom Disk System (a Japan-only add-on), and there's at least four differences from the US version:
- There's no close up when you dunk the ball into the basket.
- The US flag that shows up when the crowd goes into the stadium is replaced by three smaller Konami flags.
- The sound the ball makes when a character bounces it on the floor is much less noticeable.
- There's background music when you're out in the court playing the game!
Game Boy Credits
Cover Artwork by: