Written by  :  Tibes80 (1567)
Written on  :  Jul 25, 2003
Platform  :  Dreamcast

read more reviews by Tibes80

Summary

Classic fun, however lacks longevity.

The Good

Craaaazzy Taxi! This is one of those games that was almost worth buying a Dreamcast for. It was a blast in the arcades which always left you wanting one more go. Most of the appeal is because of the very basic premise - drive around in your taxi cab and pick people up and take them to their destination. Driving crazy also helps.

The game has been translated to Dreamcast as an almost arcade-perfect conversion. The addition of another city to explore is also a welcome inclusion in the home version. When I first got this game I couldn't stop playing it... it's an absolute blast for the first few days (and a good party game too).

The graphics are great, the music selection is great (The Offspring.. woo hoo!) and the controls are responsive and well suited to the Dreamcast controller. Technically the game is flawless!

The Bad

The only real problem with the game is longevity. Because it is strictly an arcade game with no story or real progression you will get sick of it after a while and it will most likely remain one of those games that gets dusted off every six months for a quick retro-blast and then put back in the box.

The Bottom Line

If you haven't played Crazy Taxi then you need to! Just don't expect a deep gaming experience.