Steam Store Description (from Ad Blurbs)
No one gets hurt, at least they say so.
In community created arenas you compete with self-designed drones in order to become the smoothest drone operator in the galaxy.
Not hooked yet?
Experience an all-new game mode that merges the thrill of rugby with armed-to-the-teeth drones and highly tactical teamplay.
3-dimensional, fast paced and direct, stealthy or brute force action, team based or lone wolf, racing or fighting, you make it what you want it to be. You can amplify your drone piloting skills by creating the unique set of drones that compliment your playstyle and adjust in realtime to whatever challenges other players impose on you. With an infinite supply of community created arenas, which rank from fresh, over trending, to hot on the D.R.O.N.E. community hub, you can be sure to always have a challenge worth to take on. Heck, you may even create your own arenas, tournaments, and rulesets gaining yourself a reputation as an awarded architect.
NOTE: The racing game-mode is not publicly available at the moment.
Participating in early access is an investment in the future. Don't expect a final game right away!
Here is what you can expect right now:
- Action packed online multiplayer gameplay.
- 2 pre-made arenas for multiplayer action (soon to be expanded).
- 9 pre-made drones to choose from (soon to be expanded).
- Smooth, easy-to-learn but hard-to-master controls.
- 3 game modes: FFA Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, and Team Powerball.
- A separate Arena Building Demo featuring dynamic AAA graphics where you can build arenas and perform test-flights in single player.
- The possibility to share your ideas and feedback with the developers and the community. You help to shape the game.
What you will get in the future:
- A drone editor where your designs define your tactical capabilities and therefore influence the gameplay.
- A fully featured in-game arena editor where you can upload your creations to the D.R.O.N.E. Community Hub.
- Graphics and features of the arena demo will be improved, optimized and ported to the Early Access build.
- A ruleset editor so you can setup your custom game-modes (imagine custom death-races and more).
- A spaceship that acts as your homebase and a way to explore a vast universe of user generated content.
- A rock solid and polished gameplay experience.
- An all in one package - you get a final game with the lifespan of an e-sport title and no pay-to-win bullcrap.
D.R.O.N.E. is currently in a successful ongoing on-site crowdfunding campaign. Unlike other crowdfunding campaigns, we promise to complete the game and we have proven that we have what it takes to do so.
By purchasing this early access pass you are supporting the development of D.R.O.N.E. and get the "Traveler" crowdfunding tier unlocked for you. Among other perks, this tier grants you early access to every feature as it is developed and of course you will receive a digital copy of the final game once it’s done.
Not our conquest of space. Not our level of civilization. Not art or philosophy. Not even our scientific progress as such… when the first contact fleet of the Interstellar Committee of Advancement & Integration (ICAI) darkened the skies above the UN headquarters in New York 2137, the motivation for their intervention was clear cut: we were deemed a beast with tools and habits too dangerous to be left alone.
And to a subset of civilizations in the galaxy that meant: READY FOR THE GAME.
Warfare out there had become a regulated affair long ago. A ritual. A kind of sport. A source of entertainment backed by a vast and complex industry. Disputes over resources and territory, even the appropriation of some technology were no longer the subject of messy and uncontrollably destructive conflict. Such commodities would often become the formal prizes of tournaments, fought on a variety of natural and artificial stages all over the galaxy by teams representing companies, nations, a planet, an entire species… or just themselves.
Read more on the official website of D.R.O.N.E.
There are no Windows user screenshots for this game.
There are 23 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- D.R.O.N.E. (official website)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.