Not an American user?
DescriptionA crow is chasing a worm named Jim while in outer space Psy-Crow is chasing a renegade ship. The ship's captain has stolen an ultra-high-tech-indestructible-super-space-cyber-suit and Queen Slug-for-a-Butt has ordered Psy-Crow to get it, since it can make her more beautiful than Princess-What's-Her-Name. Psy-Crow blasts the captain and the suit falls to Planet Earth.
Back on earth Jim wonders if he is finally safe when an ultra-high-tech-indestructible-super-space-cyber-suit lands on him. Luckily Jim rests in the neck ring of the suit. Then the space particles begin interacting with Jim, causing a light-speed evolution. Jim soon realizes he is in control of the suit.
Jim overhears the Queen's plans for the suit and decides to meet this Princess...
- "EWJ" -- Common abbreviation
- "アースワームジム" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Animals: Worms
- Earthworm Jim series
- Games made into comics
- Games made into TV series
- Sound engine: GAX
|Groovy! Groovy! Groo-gr-gr-gr-groo-gr-gr-groovy!||SNES||Adzuken (854)|
|¡THE BEST PLATFORM GAME AROUND THIS CRAZY WORLD!||SNES||Lord of the game (8)|
|The original and undoubtedly the best version of Earthworm Jim.||Genesis||AkibaTechno (254)|
|SEGA-Mag (Objectif-SEGA)||Genesis||Mar 22, 2013||10 out of 10||100|
|Video Games||SNES||Oct, 1994||95 out of 100||95|
|Nintendo Land||SNES||Sep 13, 2003||92 out of 100||92|
|GamePro (US)||SNES||Nov, 1994||4.5 out of 5||90|
|Play Time||Genesis||Nov, 1994||87 out of 100||87|
|1UP!||Genesis||Jun 05, 2015||86 out of 100||86|
|Retro Archives||Genesis||Nov 17, 2017||17 out of 20||85|
|SuperGamePower||SEGA Master System||Jul, 1997||4 out of 5||80|
|GamePro (US)||Game Boy||Jun, 1995||4 out of 5||80|
|Retro Archives||DOS||Nov 17, 2017||12 out of 20||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesThe Mega Drive version of Earthworm Jim appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
EndingFinishing the game in the easy difficulty setting shows you a different ending that consists of a rather verbose scientific description of earthworms, as well as their habitats, mating customs, etc.
ReceptionEarthworm Jim was the first game ever to receive a perfect score of 100% from the European gaming magazine Games Master.
ReferencesThe between-level races against Psycrow, called "Andy Asteroids", are most likely a reference to one of the game's programmers, Andy Astor.
TV seriesEarthworm Jim inspired an animated TV series by the same name.
Version differencesThe PC and Sega CD versions add among other things, a new weapon not included on the original 16-bit console versions: the seeker missile.
- Electronic Gaming Monthly
- March 1997 (Issue 92) - Side-Scrolling Game of the Year runner-up (multiplatform) (Readers' Choice)
- Issue #4 - #7 in the "Top 100 Video Games of All-Time" list
- 1994 (Vol.4, Iss.1) - Best Game of the Year
- 1994 (Vol.4, Iss.1) - Best Overall Action/Platform Game of the Year
- 1994 (Vol.4, Iss.1) - Best Genesis Action/Platform Game of the Year
- 1994 (Vol.4, Iss.1) - Best Genesis Soundtrack
- 1994 (Vol.4, Iss.1) - Best New Genesis Character
- 1994 (Vol.4, Iss.1) - Best New SNES Character
- Game Players
- January 1995 - Best SNES Action Game in 1994
- March 1995 - Best Genesis Game
- March 1995 - Best Sound Effects
Related Web Sites
- Earthworm Jim Fan Page (Game history, cast, pictures, sounds, fonts, and more.)
- Earthworm Jim : TGSMA (Contains various guides, history and information about Earthworm Jim and team behind the game.)
- Lemm's Earthworm Jim Fansite (This site is an artistic tribute dedicated to the 1994 and 1996 original Earthworm Jim video games by Shiny Entertainment and the creator of the character, Doug TenNapel.)
- Robert's EWJ Site (Fansite full of info. Probably the most complete site about the game)
Genesis Credits (30 people)
21 developers, 9 thanks
Shiny Entertainment [Many, Many Shiny Meetings]Produced by :
Playmates Toys, Richard Sallis