DescriptionSecret of the Lost Cavern is another edutainment Myst-clone adventure in the tradition of old Cryo titles. This game attempts to take us to the Prehistoric Age.
The storyline revolves around the famed Lascaux Caverns of France, where our direct ancestors, the Cro Magnon humans, have left a significant legacy of wall paintings. The hero, Arok, is a young hunter/gatherer who is more interested in painting, however. He soon discovers that he can influence the world around him by painting on the cavern walls, as he searches for a mysterious mentor.
Gameplay is based around the classic transition of the player from node to node by simply clicking on screen wherever an arrow appears. There is no free movement but the player can move the camera by 360 degrees around him in each node. The riddles comprise of picking up items and either using them in the proper hotspot or combining them with other items. The element of the wall paintings adds some new elements to this well-known gameplay mechanism.
The educational element of the game is thankfully more pronounced than it was in the last Egypt installment and it is better interwoven in the gameplay. When new important information appears in the game's encyclopedia, the player in notified by a shell icon. The educational information is actually both interesting and it offers helpful hints about the game's riddles.
There are no promo images for this game
- "回声：失落巨洞之谜" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Тайна Забытой Пещеры" -- Russian spelling
- "Secrets of the Lost Cavern HD" -- iPad title
- "Secret of the Lost Cavern: Tajemnica Zaginionej Jaskini" -- Polish title
- "Secret of the Lost Cavern" -- UK title
- "Lascaux Project" -- Working title
- "El Secreto de la Caverna Perdida" -- Spanish title
- "Das Geheimnis der vergessenen Höhle" -- German title
- "Au Coeur de Lascaux" -- French title
Part of the Following Group
|A very different story, original puzzles .. but||Windows||Jeanne (76486)|
|Adventure Lantern||Windows||Apr, 2006||88 out of 100||88|
|Just Adventure||Windows||Oct 19, 2006||B+||83|
|Game Chronicles||Windows||Jul 30, 2005||8.1 out of 10||81|
|eToychest||Windows||2005||80 out of 100||80|
|Cheat Code Central||Windows||2005||3.5 out of 5||70|
|LudoMac||Macintosh||Jan 20, 2009||7 out of 10||70|
|Games4Mac||Macintosh||2009||68 out of 100||68|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Windows||Jul 04, 2005||12 out of 20||60|
|Appletell||Macintosh||Jan 18, 2009||60|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Compatibility with Windows 8||1||Belboz (6576)
Jun 03, 2014
DevelopmentAccording to an early interview, various companies collaborated during the making of Echo.
Totem Studio was in charge of game design and art direction, MZone for the graphical production and Kheops Studio coordinated and integrated the project.
Related Web Sites
- Echo Hint File (Full solution provided gradually in question and answer format.)
- ECHO: Secrets of the Lost Cavern (The Adventure Company's Official Site)
- Echo Walkthrough (by Malcolm Schmidt)
- Secret of the Lost Cavern (Official Web Site)
- Walkthrough (by MaGtRo)
- Zarf's Mini-Review (A mini-review of Secrets of the Lost Cavern by Andrew Plotkin (March, 2007).)