DescriptionEskimo Eddie is an arcade adventure set in the Ice Age. The game is split into two levels. The first level varies between the Commodore 64 and ZX Spectrum versions.
In the C64 version, Eddie must make his way toward Percy Penguin who has been captured by a polar bear named Growler. This can be done by navigating a series of platforms while jumping over snowballs Growler throws at him. Eddie only needs to rescue Percy once before he can move on to the next level.
In the Spectrum version, the first level has Eddie collecting Percy, who is at the top of the screen, and bring him back to the bottom. He must deal with two Growlers who swim across the screen, and avoid jagged ice holes that slide all over the screen. Eddie must rescue Percy thrice before he moves on to the next level.
In the second level, the entire screen is filled with ice blocks, which disappear one by one to form a maze. Percy appears in the middle of the maze. Four snowbugs also appear and start traveling around the maze, in an attempt to kill Percy. Percy needs to squash all snowbugs in the maze by pushing the ice blocks into them. The ice blocks can also be melted so that more space is created, allowing Percy to pass through. Any snowbug that touches the maze's electrified edges become dazed, allowing Percy to destroy them easily.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Ice Busters" -- Cascade Games C64 title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
|Your Spectrum||ZX Spectrum||Jun, 1984||5 out of 6||83|
|Home Computing Weekly||ZX Spectrum||Apr 10, 1984||80|
|Crash!||ZX Spectrum||May, 1984||78 out of 100||78|
|Sinclair User||ZX Spectrum||Jun, 1984||5 out of 10||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Cambridge Centre for Computing History (Ocean, ZX Spectrum) (For ZX Spectrum, Cassette: exhibit reference ID CH3692; additional material.)
- Kio's home (For ZX Spectrum: additional material including – photographed cassette inlay; snapshots; downloadable releases.)
- Lemon 64 (For Commodore 64: game entry database; advertisement; magazine reviews; music; documentation; cover art; additional material.)
- The Tipshop (For ZX Spectrum: a central archive for all Spectrum and SAM games hints, tips, cheats, maps, hacks and pokes. )
- World of Spectrum (For ZX Spectrum: downloadable releases; additional material including – cassette inlay, advertisement, instructions; remakes links; player reviews; magazine references; magazine adverts.)
- ZX Spectrum Reviews (For ZX Spectrum: magazine game reviews in HTML.)