Not an American user?
DescriptionThe seven missions featured in this simulation of F-15 flight are all real-life missions the plane was originally used in. They take place in the Middle East and Asia during the 1970s and early 1980s, and have air and ground targets to destroy. You have machine guns, guided missiles and bombs at your disposal. There is an arcade mode and 3 further difficulty levels. The game features 3 enemy aircraft and 3 types of enemy SAMs.
- "F-15 Strike Eagle: The Combat Fighter Simulation" -- UK tag-lined title (C64)
- "F-15 Strike Eagle: Jet Fighter Simulation" -- Japanese tag-lined title (PC-98)
- "F-15 Strike Eagle: Hold Onto Your Headgear - This F-15 Is For Real!" -- UK tag-lined title (Atari 8-bit)
- "F-15 Strike Eagle: America's #1 Jet Fighter Simulation" -- Tag-lined title (PC Booter 1997 US release)
- "F-15 ストライクイーグル" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Aircraft: F-15 Eagle
- BPjS / BPjM indexed games
- F-15 Strike Eagle series
- Historical conflict: Arab-Israeli conflict
- Historical conflict: Vietnam War
There are no reviews for this game.
|Info||Commodore 64||Sep, 1984||100|
|Crash!||ZX Spectrum||Jul, 1987||84 out of 100||84|
|Tilt||PC Booter||Dec, 1986||83|
|Your Commodore||Commodore 64||May, 1985||80|
|Commodore Force||Commodore 64||Apr, 1993||78 out of 100||78|
|Commodore Format||Commodore 64||Jul, 1991||3 out of 4||75|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Atari 8-bit||Jun, 1991||40|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Commodore 64||Jun, 1991||40|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Apple II||Jun, 1991||40|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Commodore 64||Dec, 1984||Unscored||Unscored|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|1987 release date source?||5||Rwolf (21356)
Feb 26, 2015
Arcade modeFor the severely coordination-challenged, there is an arcade mode in the game. It differs from the regular mode in that it does not allow banking; rudder turns only. If the player got hit into a slight bank, they're stuck in that bank.
F-15In real-life, the F-15 is a land-based aircraft, but apparently not in this sim, as the player can takeoff and land on a carrier.
GraphicsF-15 Strike Eagle is one of the few games to support EGA's nearly-unknown 160x200x16 mode.
- Commodore Format
- July 1993 (Issue 34) - Modern Classics: Sims (Check 'em out)
- Computer Gaming World
- November 1985 (Vol. 5.5) - Action Game of the Year (Readers' Choice)
Atari 8-bit Credits (1 people)