DescriptionFatal Fury Special is an improved version of SNK's 2D one-on-one fighter Fatal Fury 2. The objective is to win the tournament by defeating all other fighters including end boss Wolfgang Krauser. Fatal Fury Special features a fairly large selection of fighters that includes:
- The eight regular fighters from Fatal Fury 2: Terry Bogard, Andy Bogard, Joe Higashi, Kim Kaphwan, Jubei Yamada, Cheng Sinzan, Mai Shiranui and Big Bear.
- The four bosses from Fatal Fury 2: Billy Kane, Axel Hawk, Lawrence Blood and Wolfgang Krauser (this time they're all immediately playable).
- Three characters returning from the first Fatal Fury: Duck King, Tung Fu Rue and Geese Howard (the end boss from Fatal Fury).
- A new Count Down mode (defeat as many opponents as possible in 3 minutes).
- Extra color schemes for every character.
- New & improved background graphics.
- Dolby Surround Sound support.
- "餓狼伝説SPECIAL" -- Japanese spelling
- "Garō Densetsu Special" -- Japanese title
Part of the Following Groups
- Arcade Archives series
- Fatal Fury series
- Game Center CX challenge games
- Games with classical music
- Genre: Versus fighting
|Great game...on another system, that is...||SEGA CD||Satoshi Kunsai (2084)|
|They tried, they really did.||SEGA CD||Fake Spam (94)|
|Takara delivers arcade perfection.||Game Gear||Fake Spam (94)|
|TeamXbox||Xbox 360||Sep 05, 2007||9 out of 10||90|
|Video Games & Computer Entertainment||Game Gear||Feb, 1995||9 out of 10||90|
|Mega Fun||Neo Geo||Nov, 1993||86 out of 100||86|
|Consoles Plus||SNES||Mar, 1995||86 out of 100||86|
|Digital Press - Classic Video Games||Game Gear||Oct 02, 2005||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Megablast||Neo Geo||Dec, 1993||83 out of 100||83|
|Edge||Neo Geo||Mar, 1994||8 out of 10||80|
|Play Time||SNES||Jun, 1995||80 out of 100||80|
|The Video Game Critic||Neo Geo||Jul 15, 2003||B||75|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Xbox 360||Sep 15, 2007||7 out of 10||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
BackgroundsOn some stages some of the game's other fighters appear in the background. Terry Bogard, Billy Kane and Mai Shiranui can be seen in the background on Andy Bogard's Venice stage, while Joe Higashi is visible on Big Bear's Australia stage.
Ryo SakazakiRyo Sakazaki, from Art of Fighting, is a secret character in the SNES, Genesis, and Sega CD versions of the game. You can unlock him via a code, or if you're good enough, you can fight against him after you beat the game.
The Game Gear version had him as a normal character. You don't need a special code to unlock him.
Information also contributed by Foxhack
Related Web Sites
- X360A achievement guide (X36A's achievement guide for Fatal Fury Special.)