Genesis versionA version for the Sega Genesis was in development, but was not released. A ROM image made from a prototype cartridge is available on the internet.
- In various dungeons in the game you are given Quatloo coins that you can spend in the Slithercult stronghold; quatloos are the coins used for placing bets on Star Trek crew members in the original Star Trek episode "The Gamesters of Triskelon".
- One of the monsters is a obese and ugly woman named Scorpia. This is a reference to Scorpia, long-time reviewer for the magazine Computer Gaming World, who wrote a critical review of Might and Magic II: Gates to Another World.
SNES versionThere are a number of changes in the SNES version:
- The whole intro is missing
- All blood during fights was removed and some other screens were changed, e.g. removed bloody weapons in shop screens or the naked statue of the nymph Athea got a bikini.
- Some enemies were changed to look more harmless and the Reaper was removed altogether.
- There are several text and name changes, e.g. the Cathedral of Carnage became the Cathedral of Darkness and all references to alcohol were removed.
- The outro was cut.
- GameStar (Germany)
- Issue 12/1999 - #81 in the "100 Most Important PC Games of the Nineties" ranking