Written by  :  Steve Thompson (126)
Written on  :  Nov 14, 2005

read more reviews by Steve Thompson

Summary

They Don't Make 'Em Like This Anymore

The Good

The gameplay you remember is all there. These are very accurate reproductions of the two classic titles. The price for these two titles is also a great value being that they will give many players hours upon hours of fun. Hands down, the best part of playing these two games again (or for the first time) is the great gameplay and challenging design each one has.

The Bad

It's 2005 and there is no save feature. Given the nature of these games, I wouldn't expect there to be one, but saving high scores in Klax would be pretty useful. Also, the graphics and sound remain the same as they were over a decade ago. I don't see this as bad, but some people might be turned off and dismiss the game because of those elements.

The Bottom Line

For those who haven't played these two games, Marble Madness can best be compared to Sega's Super Monkey Ball. Klax, on the other hand, isn't too easy to compare to anything. It's a color-matching puzzle game with a combo system, so I guess it could be compared to many of the early 90s puzzle releases. It's very unique and has its own feel though.