Advertising BlurbsBack of Box (US):
Recreate the most thrilling moments from the hit animated TV series
Master each quest
Become a true Spirit Detective
- Play as Yusuke, Kuwabara, Kurama, Hiei, Botan or Kayko
- Use signature attacks from the animated series, including Yusuke's "Spirit Gun" and Kurama's "Rose Whip"!
- Fight Rando, Suzaku and many more!
Contributed by Freeman (50978) on May 01, 2005.www.nintendo.com:
The popular Yu Yu Hakusho anime series arrives on the GBA in the form of a massive action-RPG.
- Play as familiar Yu Yu Hakusho characters like Yusuke, Kuwabara, Kurama and others
- Fight against hated villains like Suzaku and Rando
- Trounce your enemies with special attacks taken directly from the animated series, such as Kurama's "rose whip" and Yusuke's "spirit gun"
- Mix and match attacks and weapons to customize your character's fighting ability
Atari and FUNimation have teamed up to bring the popular Yu Yu Hakusho anime universe to the GBA in Yu Yu Hakusho: Spirit Detective, a lengthy action-RPG featuring the heroes, villains, locations and special attacks of the animated series. In Spirit Detective, Yu Yu Hakusho fans can recreate some the most memorable battles of the television series on their GBA. The story also mirrors that of the series, focusing on the tough and rebellious Yusuke. When Yusuke, the toughest and surliest kid in town, sacrifices his life to save a small child from a speeding car, he finds himself in the Spirit World. Because of his valiant deed, he's offered the unusual chance to return to the realm of the living with a host of supernatural powers--but the catch is he'll have to use his newfound abilities to serve goodness and equality.
Spanning over 30 gameplay hours and 22 levels, Yu Yu Hakusho: Spirit Detective weighs in as one of the largest RPGs available on the GBA. The sheer size of the game is sure to give fans of the series as much Yu Yu Hakusho action as they can handle.
Although the story is compelling, the gameplay and graphics in Yu Yu Hakusho: Spirit Detective can't match those found in other GBA RPGs. The lackluster graphics do not fully utilize the graphical wizardry of the GBA. Spirit Detective also has some spotty Japanese to English translation, along with somewhat shallow action-RPG gameplay that isn't as fun or deep as it could be. However, hardcore fans of the anime series are sure to enjoy experiencing the Yu Yu Hakusho universe from a new action-RPG perspective.
Contributed by Xoleras (66737) on May 01, 2005.