antstream
Written by  :  Jim Fun (243)
Written on  :  Sep 27, 2001
Platform  :  Game Boy
Rating  :  4.83 Stars4.83 Stars4.83 Stars4.83 Stars4.83 Stars

read more reviews by Jim Fun

Summary

The best RPG around!

The Good

It's really fun to play this unique RPG, it's so cool that you can train Pokemon, the puzzles are mostly to get things to give to people, the best part is defeating team rocket, you'll find them in different cities, and you'll have to defeat their leader twice (he has very strong Pokemon) in order to succeed in the game, I have now finished the Pokemon league 18 times,sounds easy huh?You're downright wrong, it's terribly tough the first 3 times, after that your Pokemon will become very strong. Currently my strongest Pokemon is Blastoise, level 100 (the last level). The puzzles are not very difficult, so it's not really a puzzle-solving game, although (thank god) does not have a lot of action like Zelda games, it's not really an up-down game either, it's mostly an adventurous RPG, with a touch of action.

The Bad

The animations of the attacks didn't match the magical animations of the animated series.

The Bottom Line

I give Nintendo a 5 out of 5 for this delightful mix of RPG/ Adventure/ Mild Action!

antstream