🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > 4x4 Evo 2 > Problem connecting LAN

Phil Fleischer on 4/14/2008 3:24 AM · Permalink · Report

So I decided to go through my old game collection, came across this one, decided to boot it up, and tried to play my friend on the same model eMac via LAN. He was able to connect to my server, but the game would not start due to an error message of "Bob has a different FM109.SIT". I then had him try and host the game, but then my user name flashed the same message. Anyone have any idea how to fix it?

xroox (3895) on 4/14/2008 6:26 PM · Permalink · Report

Not knowing anything about this game, OR Macs, but...

Are you sure you both have the same version of the game? Check the version number.
Is this FM109.SIT a Mac system file or one of the game's files? Could you locate it and send it to your friend (or vice versa)?

Phil Fleischer on 4/15/2008 12:16 AM · Permalink · Report

Yes, I am positive I have the same version of the game. We have one copy, and the only variable that I can think of is the fact that I burned another copy to play my friend on. The problem may have something to do with some sort of cd encryption/cd key issue. The FM109.SIT is a game file I believe, and if it does have something to do with an encryption/cd key issue then I would not be able to transfer it to my friend.