DescriptionThis installment in the Need for Speed series, Underground 2 is a racing game based on illicit, night time races, with the player gaining street credit, cash and access to unique tuner parts by schooling the competition.
Taking place in a massive, open city, NFS Underground 2 allows players to explore the city at will, engaging random challengers and moving into the coveted Underground Racing League. Once in the Underground Racing League, the player advances first by race wins, then with building up their tuner car and taking on tougher opponents. The objective is to win all Underground Racing League engagements and trick out your car to the max.
The PC version is the only version that allows the user to save magazine screen shots of your tricked out car to disk.
There are no GameCube screenshots for this game.
There are 54 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "NFSU2" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
- Automobile: Audi TT
- Automobile: Mazda MX-5 / Miata / Roadster
- Automobile: Mazda RX-7
- Automobile: Subaru Impreza
- Automobile: Toyota Celica
- Genre: Open world driving
- Need for Speed series
- NFS Underground series
- PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
- Technology: amBX
There are no reviews for the GameCube release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
|GamePro (US)||Nov 15, 2004||5 out of 5||100|
|GameZone||Nov 29, 2004||8.9 out of 10||89|
|Gamesmania||Nov 24, 2004||88 out of 100||88|
|GameCola.net||Apr, 2005||8.56 out of 10||86|
|Game Over Online||Dec 08, 2004||80 out of 100||80|
|DreamStation.cc||Dec 22, 2004||8 out of 10||80|
|GameSpy||Nov 17, 2004||80|
|Jeuxpo.com||2004||7.7 out of 10||77|
|GameSpot||Nov 16, 2004||7.1 out of 10||71|
|Game Revolution||Nov, 2004||B-||67|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Server shutdownIn early August 2006, EA closed their servers for multiplayer games, for the Xbox, and Windows (demo) versions. The PS2 and Windows servers were closed on 1st November 2007.
- GamePro (Germany)
- February 2005 - Best Console Sports Game in 2004 (Readers' Vote)
- 2004 - PC Racing Game of the Year
- 2004 – PC Sports / Racing Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- GameStar (Germany)
- February 2005 - Best PC Sports Game in 2004 (Readers' Vote)
- Spike TV Video Game Awards
- 2004 - Best Performance by a Human Female (for Brooke Burke)
Related Web Sites
- Developer Interview -- Xequted interviews producer Stefan Wessels about NFSU2. (Nov. 17, 2004)
- Need for Speed Underground 2 -- Official game website
- Wikipedia: Need for Speed: Underground 2 -- Information about Need for Speed: Underground 2 at Wikipedia
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.