Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door Ad Blurbs (GameCube)
Advertising BlurbsBack of Case (UK):
Mario's really cut out for this adventure!Who kidnapped Princess Peach and for what reason? Can Mario rescue Princess Peach? Could Bowser be entangled in this plot? Get ready for a two-dimensional role-playing adventure for the ages as Mario returns to paper form to discover a mystery that sleeps behind an ancient, legendary portal called the Thousand-Year Door. It is all up to Mario and his amazing companions in this hilarious new quest. Despite being paper thin, Mario's might should not be underestimated. Do you have what it takes to open the Thousand-Year Door and do you dare to enter?
Play to your audience and be rewarded with standing ovations!
Is Bowser plotting something sinister?
Use the power of paper to transform into a variety of shapes!
Exciting battles with a 1000 different enemies!
Contributed by gamewarrior (5084) on Jul 22, 2008.
Time passes, the pages turn...and a new chapter unfolds in an unfamiliar land! Get ready for a two-dimensional role-playing adventure for the ages, as Mario’ returns to paper form in pursuit of a threat unlike any he's ever faced.
- Take to the stage! Paper Mario’: The Thousand-Year Door builds on the action-packed battle system of the original RPG with the addition of audience participation. Not only will timing Action Commands help you dodge or inflict damage, but impressing the crowd will help you build power for super attacks! Try not to disappoint the audience, though, or you'll pay!
- Don't fold under pressure! This time, Mario will have to make full use of his papery qualities to survive. Fold into a paper airplane and take to the air, turn sideways to slip through narrow passages and roll into a tube to bounce to safety.
- No need to go it alone! Many strange friends will join your party, and you'll have to rely on their skills to survive. Even former enemies may bail you out, so keep an open mind!
Contributed by Evil Ryu (65822) on Oct 03, 2005.
Don't fold under pressure!
- Battle before an audience! Depending on how well you please 'em, they'll shower you with power-ups or pelt you with junk
- Timing Action Commands in turn-based battles help you dodge or inflict damage
- All-new transformations: Fold into a paper airplane and take to the air, turn sideways to slip through narrow passages, and roll into a tube to bounce to safety
- Seven all-new sidekicks, each with special abilities. Sniff out hidden items with Ms. Mouse, smack down rivals with ornery mini-Yoshi
- Tons of minigames, side missions and extras
Peach has been kidnapped yet again, but this time it's by someone so shadowy, so mean, he's got Bowser throwing fits. The latest Caper of the Missing Peach leads Mario deep below the seedy seaside town of Rogueport. Behind the Thousand-Year Door lies the ruins of a fabled city that was destroyed in a single day long ago. Legend has it that this millennial door leads to fantastic riches, immeasurable power or a creature of immense evil.
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door stays very true to the Mario tradition of an intrepid hero, colorful friends and villains, exotic environments, compelling gameplay and sly humor. 2D Mario can fold into a paper airplane or boat, roll himself into a paper tube that gets through narrow openings and turns sideways to slip through jail-cell bars and storm drains.
Super-svelte Mario finds himself tossed into the midst of adventures unlike any he's had before. He fights to the top as a pro wrestler, battles a cursed pirate in a tropical isle, and rides a train packed with more mystery, intrigue and deceit than twenty episodes of The Apprentice .
Great gameplay, wild characters, uproarious situations, amazing creativity -- this game has it all!
Contributed by Alrightya (333) on Jun 25, 2005.
What Sleeps Behind the Door?
Time passes, the pages turn…and a new chapter unfolds in an unfamiliar land! Get ready for a two-dimensional role-playing adventure for the ages as Mario returns to paper form to discover a mystery that sleeps behind an ancient, legendary portal called the Thousand-Year Door. The quest is long, the dangers many, and this time, Mario will have to make full use of his papery qualities just to survive.
Take to the stage! Impressing the crowd builds power for super attacks, but don’t disappoint the audience, or you’ll pay!
No need to go it alone! You’ll need to rely on sidekicks to survive, and even enemies have roles to play…
Don’t fold under pressure! Fold into a paper airplane, turn sideways to slip through cracks, and much more.
Stay on your toes! Stamp foes, swing your hammer, and use timely button presses to do damage!
Contributed by gamewarrior (5084) on Nov 04, 2004.