Contra Hard Corps Trivia (Genesis)
European versionThe European versions of Contra Hard Corps had been vastly censored and altered. There are no human characters in the European version, for one. Everyone's a robot. Plus, the story has been changed to just some mad robot trying to take over the world.
Increased difficultyThe Japanese original allows the player characters to take three hits before dying. This was removed in the American and European releases, resulting in a more difficult game. There are unofficial patches for use with a ROM file that address this and offer other improvements.
- During the sound test, you can find a tune named Simon 1994 AD. This is actually a hyped-up, overhauled version of Vampire Killer from Konami's Castlevania.
- There is also a secret area in level 3 (The Junkyard), where you must fight three robots. One of them is a super-deformed Simon Belmont-like robot. Right before he comes out, he whips a candle that gives him a fish, which he uses like a boomerang.
- 1994 (Vol.3, Iss.1) - Overall Action/Arcade Game of the Year
- 1994 (Vol.3, Iss.1) - Best Genesis Action/Arcade Game of the Year
- 1994 (Vol.3, Iss.1) - Best Genesis Two-Player Game of the Year
Contributed by Satoshi Kunsai (2074) on Jun 08, 2002. [revised by : Patrick Bregger (260649) and Trypticon (11041)]. -- edit trivia