1001 Video Games
The Mega Drive version of Earthworm Jim
appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die
by General Editor Tony Mott.
Finishing the game in the easy difficulty setting shows you a different ending that consists of a rather verbose scientific description of earthworms, as well as their habitats, mating customs, etc.
was the first game ever to receive a perfect score of 100% from the European gaming magazine Games Master.
The between-level races against Psycrow, called "Andy Asteroids", are most likely a reference to one of the game's programmers, Andy Astor
inspired an animated TV series by the same name.
The PC and Sega CD versions add among other things, a new weapon not included on the original 16-bit console versions: the seeker missile.
Information also contributed by
Big John WV,
- Issue #4 - #7 in the "Top 100 Video Games of All-Time" list
- 1994 (Vol.4, Iss.1) - Best Game of the Year
- 1994 (Vol.4, Iss.1) - Best Overall Action/Platform Game of the Year
- 1994 (Vol.4, Iss.1) - Best Genesis Action/Platform Game of the Year
- 1994 (Vol.4, Iss.1) - Best Genesis Soundtrack
- 1994 (Vol.4, Iss.1) - Best New Genesis Character
- 1994 (Vol.4, Iss.1) - Best New SNES Character
- Game Players
- January 1995 - Best SNES Action Game in 1994
- March 1995 - Best Genesis Game
- March 1995 - Best Sound Effects