Earthworm Jim Trivia (Genesis)
1001 Video GamesThe Mega Drive version of Earthworm Jim appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
EndingFinishing the game in the easy difficulty setting shows you a different ending that consists of a rather verbose scientific description of earthworms, as well as their habitats, mating customs, etc.
ReceptionEarthworm Jim was the first game ever to receive a perfect score of 100% from the European gaming magazine Games Master.
ReferencesThe between-level races against Psycrow, called "Andy Asteroids", are most likely a reference to one of the game's programmers, Andy Astor.
TV seriesEarthworm Jim inspired an animated TV series by the same name.
Version differencesThe PC and Sega CD versions add among other things, a new weapon not included on the original 16-bit console versions: the seeker missile.
- Electronic Gaming Monthly
- March 1997 (Issue 92) - Side-Scrolling Game of the Year runner-up (multiplatform) (Readers' Choice)
- Issue #4 - #7 in the "Top 100 Video Games of All-Time" list
- 1994 (Vol.4, Iss.1) - Best Game of the Year
- 1994 (Vol.4, Iss.1) - Best Overall Action/Platform Game of the Year
- 1994 (Vol.4, Iss.1) - Best Genesis Action/Platform Game of the Year
- 1994 (Vol.4, Iss.1) - Best Genesis Soundtrack
- 1994 (Vol.4, Iss.1) - Best New Genesis Character
- 1994 (Vol.4, Iss.1) - Best New SNES Character
- Game Players
- January 1995 - Best SNES Action Game in 1994
- March 1995 - Best Genesis Game
- March 1995 - Best Sound Effects