Forums > Game Forums > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters > Is anyone any good at this?

Ace of Sevens (4479) on 7/22/2007 1:38 AM · Permalink · Report

This game seriously irked by it combination of a fighting sytem that was quite different from other 2D one-on-one games of the era and a training mode that essentially is naught but a single-round fight and nothing to help you train. This isn't my favorite genre, but I couldn't get anywhere with it. I'm refering to the Genesis version here as they seem to be completely separate games.

Foxhack (32100) on 7/22/2007 2:51 AM · Permalink · Report

I'd really like to know why all three platforms are listed under one entry. All three games are completely different from each other.

Zovni (10504) on 7/22/2007 8:56 AM · Permalink · Report

Well, I dunno about the NES version but the 16-bit games are the same. I know the genesis one looks better but plays like crap compared to the snes version, but they are still the same tmnt one-on-one fighters.

Mobygamesisreanimated (11069) on 7/22/2007 9:07 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Zovni wrote--]Well, I dunno about the NES version but the 16-bit games are the same. I know the genesis one looks better but plays like crap compared to the snes version, but they are still the same tmnt one-on-one fighters. [/Q --end Zovni wrote--]

Casey Jones, that winged turtle and that Beetle-creature aren't available in the SNES version and I think there were some characters in the SNES version that you won't find on the Genesis. There may be other gameplay-related differences as well, I remember back then, the reviews treated them as different games (couldn't find a scan). The NES version is obviously completely different from the others.

Foxhack (32100) on 7/22/2007 4:20 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Zovni wrote--]Well, I dunno about the NES version but the 16-bit games are the same. I know the genesis one looks better but plays like crap compared to the snes version, but they are still the same tmnt one-on-one fighters. [/Q --end Zovni wrote--]Nope, the story in the Genesis version is completely different. The SNES one is a tournament, the Genesis one is some sort of story-based thing where you have to fight PURPLE TURTLE CLONES! :D

But the game sucks ass. :p

Ace of Sevens (4479) on 7/22/2007 6:55 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Kitsune Sniper wrote--] Nope, the story in the Genesis version is completely different. The SNES one is a tournament, the Genesis one is some sort of story-based thing where you have to fight PURPLE TURTLE CLONES! :D ...

But the game sucks ass. :p [/Q --end Kitsune Sniper wrote--]

And not in any pleasurable way. The fighting system is all different too, as are the available modes. It's essentially three games all with the same concept (TMNT 2D fighting games), but nothing shared beyond that.