Not an American user?
DescriptionJust like the original game, Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 is a fast, abstract shooter with glowing enemies and bullets in a rectangular arena against a black background. The game includes six game modes with different objectives. The different modes are unlocked gradually after playing the previous one for a certain amount of time.
- In Deadline players get three minutes to score as many points as possible. This is done by destroying different waves of enemies that leave behind geoms that increase the score multiplier. The enemy ship also has a limited amount of bombs to clear the entire screen. Most other game modes feature geoms as well.
- King is a more tactical game. Players can only shoot from circle zones that appear at random. Enemies cannot enter the zone, but they degrade over time, first becoming green and eventually red no longer blocking the enemies. The player then quickly needs to travel to a new zone and while travelling enemy crafts can only be dodged, not shot.
- Evolved is a known game mode with more traditional gameplay. Players receive four lives and three bombs to score as much as possible. For every 100,000 points an extra life and a bomb are awarded. The next bonus is awarded at ten percent of the previous value.
- Pacifism is a defensive game mode where the player cannot shoot enemies. Instead they need to be dodged and can only be destroyed by flying through gates that appear at random and kill all nearby enemies. The gate constantly rotates and the player cannot touch the yellow ends.
- Waves is centered around fixed waves of orange enemies that approach from the sides of the screen as a giant wall. The player needs to make room and prevent contact. Other enemies appear as well, but in smaller amounts.
- The final game mode is Sequence and it offers a set of twenty challenges. Per challenge, players only have 30 seconds to complete it. When a life is lost or the time is over, the game moves on to the next challenge until the player is out of lives.
- "Geometry Wars: Touch" -- iOS title
Part of the Following Groups
- Console Generation Exclusives: Xbox 360
- Genre: Dual / Twin-stick shooter
- Genre: Fixed-screen shoot 'em up
- Geometry Wars series
There are no reviews for this game.
|Gamer 2.0||Xbox 360||Aug 04, 2008||9.3 out of 10||93|
|videogamer.com||Xbox 360||Jul 30, 2008||9 out of 10||90|
|GamePro (US)||Xbox 360||Aug 01, 2008||4.5 out of 5||90|
|Gamervision||Xbox 360||Aug 02, 2008||9 out of 10||90|
|Play.tm||Xbox 360||Aug 27, 2008||85 out of 100||85|
|IGN||Xbox 360||Jul 30, 2008||8.3 out of 10||83|
|The A.V. Club||Xbox 360||Aug 11, 2008||B+||83|
|Gaming Nexus||Xbox 360||Aug 06, 2008||B+||83|
|Video Games Daily||Xbox 360||Aug 14, 2008||8 out of 10||80|
|Game Positive||Xbox 360||Aug 04, 2008||7.9 out of 10||79|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesGeometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
Related Web Sites
Xbox 360 Credits (96 people)
69 developers, 27 thanks
Audio AnticsUI Art:
Jeff Lewis, Nick Bygrave, Mathias Grünwaldt, Jon Cutter, Sam Hall, Cian O'Flanagan, Allan Speed, Nick Davies, Gary Hall