Not an American user?
DescriptionFirst of SSI's "When Superpowers Collide" series. Strategic simulation of a conflict between US and Soviet forces. In Germany 1985 the Soviet forces attack NATO in West Germany in two different scenarios. In the first, Advance to Combat, Russian and US forces of similar strength race to establish a cohesive front line. The second scenario, Invasion, begins with Soviet airborne divisions landing behind NATO lines to block key roads and capture towns in preparation for the main advancing force. In both scenarios, the victory conditions are the same: the player controlling the greatest number of towns after a certain number of game turns is the winner.
- "Steel Barrier" -- 1988 re-release title
- "Germany 1985: When Superpowers Collide" -- Tag-lined title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Zzap!||Commodore 64||Mar, 1986||97 out of 100||97|
|Popular Computing Weekly||Commodore 64||Aug 28, 1986||80|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Apple II||Dec, 1984||Unscored||Unscored|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Apple II||May, 1983||Unscored||Unscored|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Commodore 64 Boxed Sets (For C64: game packaging digitalisations. Include box, manual, brochure, additional material.)
- Lemon 64 (For C64: game entry database; advertisement; magazine reviews; music; documentation; cover art; additional material.)
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Encyclopaedic entry for combined platforms.)
Apple II Credits (1 people)
Game designed by: