Steam Store Description (from Ad Blurbs)Welcome to Glider Island, the ultimate VR flying game! Your objective is to collect all the hoops placed on each of the 3 islands within 10 minutes! Use your rocket booster to gain speed and keep from falling from the sky. You can add rocket booster by collecting the blue spirals placed around each map. You have limited booster so be careful with how much you use and when you choose to collect the blue spirals.
There are 3 maps and each map comes with unique scenery, soundtrack and surprise event. You much complete each map sequentially to unlock the next map. The first map is Forest Island with 150 hoops and every two minutes a thunderstorm occurs and you must fight the wind. The second map is Volcano Island with 175 hoops and every two minutes a Volcano Eruption occurs and you must dodge lava bombs! The Last Island is Desert Island with 200 hoops and every two minutes a Dust Storm occurs and you must fly with limited visibility and wind.
Plot your course carefully to try and collect all the hoops in the fastest time possible. You will earn Bronze, Silver or Gold depending on how fast you complete each level.
Glider Island is designed for Virtual Reality but can be played perfectly fine without it too! There are 4 ways you can choose to control the glider:
- Vive Hand Controllers: Use your hands to grab the glider and control the glider through your outstretched hands. *Oculus Hand Controllers Coming Soon!
- VR Head Movement: - Move your head up, down, left and right to control the glider, this way is a little easier and causes less motion sickness.
- Xbox controller: (No VR Required) - Use the Xbox controller to steer the glider while looking around with your head.
- Mouse Flight: (No VR Required) - Simply use your mouse and keyboard. This is the easiest flight method and does not require a VR headset.
BONUS*: FREE ACCESS to Glider Sim Prototype! This is a much more simulated hang glider experience also developed by 5D Realities. It is a work in progress and will most likely be our next VR title on steam. You can learn more here: http://steamcommunity.com/games/500110/announcements/detail/563351089224178004
There are no Windows user screenshots for this game.
There are 16 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Glider Island (official website)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.