Join our Discord to chat with fellow friendly gamers and our knowledgeable contributors!

Forum Search  
View Mode: threaded | watch thread

Photo VS scan

Edwin Drost (1718) on Feb 07, 2017

Now the thing is that I'm really careful with removing the back covers of a jewel case if you have to really get it out (and back in again) and not if it is like the front cover that you can easy remove and all.

That is why I'm a bit more into making photos of it than removing it. If you know what I mean. But I will try (I've to see it again how it looks like. Yeah, memory goes first, ah?)

I will come with a scan of the front, spine and back so please keep it like this in Work in Progress until I come with better scans and all. The box and all is at my parents place.

(Edited by Edwin Drost (1718), Feb 07, 2017)

Re: Photo VS scan

Tracy Poff (2025) on Feb 08, 2017

please keep it like this in Work in Progress

As long as you don't submit it for approval, it will stay as a Work in Progress. Approvers will only interact with it after that, so don't worry about keeping things as WIP for a while as you prepare your submissions.

Edwin Drost (1718) on Feb 08, 2017

Okay. Here's is a serious question; Does scanning of your floppies (5.25, 3.5) or CD-ROMs damage them? I still want to use them to play games and all.

Evolyzer (18701) on Feb 08, 2017

I don't own any floppydisks, but scanning a CD or DVD doesn't do any damage

vedder (45991) on Feb 08, 2017

Edwin Drost Wrote:
Okay. Here's is a serious question; Does scanning of your floppies (5.25, 3.5) or CD-ROMs damage them? I still want to use them to play games and all.

No, a scanner is basically just a bright flash.

(Edited by vedder (45991), Feb 08, 2017)

Edwin Drost (1718) on Feb 08, 2017

Phew. I was a bit worried. Thanks.