DescriptionBased on the Hollywood remake of the same name, Godzilla Online was a multiplayer-only action game for the GameStorm service. Players created a character and improved their stats by earning server-tracked experience points. Three maps were included - the 23rd St Subway Station, the Fulton Fish Market, and Madison Square Garden - with multiple instances and game types running at the same time (selected through an in-game browser).
Players could play as a solider class, collecting weapons and shooting opponents, or as a "baby Godzilla," using claws, teeth and fire breath to survive. A third option was to play as an unarmed reporter who was invincible while crouching, and earned points by getting shots of the match's action with their videocamera - which the soldiers could also view for recon.
Four match types were released before GameStorm was disbanded:
- Free-For-All was a standard deathmatch with no teams or allegiances.
- Team Deathmatch pit the blue team against the yellow team (teams could be of mixed species). The first team to kill a set number of opponents won.
- Eggstatica was a simple capture the flag game. Soldiers would try to remove Godzilla eggs, while the baby Godzillas protected their nest.
- Escape from New York pit the soldiers against the baby Godzillas. The Godzillas tried to eat enough fish (scattered around the level as power-ups) to grow to their maximum strength and escape. Soldiers tried to kill a set number of Godzillas before this could happen.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Groups
- Godzilla games
- Inspiration: Movies
- Setting: City - New York
- Theme: Giant monsters
- Visual technique / style: Voxel graphics
There are no reviews for this game.
|PC Joker||Jul, 1998||2 out of 3||67|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Apr, 1999||40|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Scientist class||1||BurningStickMan (18027)
Nov 17, 2009
There is no trivia on file for this game.