Steam Store Description (from Ad Blurbs)Have you ever wanted to be admiral of a huge, sprawling space battle-fleet of your own design? Ever wanted to design a fleet of battle-cruisers so powerful they can rip all who oppose them into space-dust? Ever wanted to build a battleship with purple rotating radars and 64 engines? Well we have good news for you...
Gratuitous Space Battles is back! and it's approximately 50,000 times more gratuitous than before. A completely new ground-up rebuilding of the custom 'Gratuitous Engine' gives the game a completely new look, with beam-lasers 10x as 'beamy' as explosions 10x more gratuitous.
You now have complete control over the appearance of your ships, and can build them from a base hull and a bunch of adjustable visual components so you have control of both the composition AND the looks of your deadly starships. GSB2 retains the core gameplay of the original. This is NOT a standard RTS game, but a management/simulation game about building space fleets and giving them orders. You aren't the dumb schmuck who actually flies into battle and gets lazered. Leave that to those patriotic and keen young dudes from the outer-colonies. Nope, your job is as supreme commander in chief. Sit back at fleet HQ and watch the fireworks as you reduce the enemy to space-dust.
Using it's amazingly asynchronous multiplayer online 'challenge' system, GSB2 lets you put together a whole fleet and upload it, orders, formations and custom ship designs in one, up to a server where fellow GSB2 players can download it and pit their own fleets against it in glorious combat.
Some of the new features in GSB2:
- Totally re-coded graphics engine for uber-explodiness
- Every ship in the game is built from a wide range of components that mean no challenge will have identical looking enemies. Huge scope for ship design.
- Super-clever lighting system and mega-parallax system makes for a more 3D, cinematic-looking experience, and more gratuitous effects.
- Built-in multi-monitor support. Runs fine (and looks lovely) at 5120 res and beyond.
- New classes of ship, introducing the Dreadnought, the destroyer and the gunship...
- Carrier modules now bring fighters into battle, and refuel them mid-battle. Knock out a carrier to upset those pesky fighter pilots.
- Steam achievements & trading cards at last!
- Formations now survive individual members being lost.
- New support beams allow ships to act as tugs, or mobile target-boost assistance vessels.
- Support for new weapons combinations such as radioactive plasma torpedoes.
- Built in 30 FPS mode for smooth video-capture for all you lets-play fans.
- unashamedly gratuitous GUI.
There are no user screenshots for this game
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
|4Players.de||Windows||Apr 28, 2015||56 out of 100||56|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 (official website)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.