DescriptionA naval surface warfare war game set in the European theatre of World War II. The player may play in a series of independent scenarios or quick skirmishes with the main bulk of the missions consisting of alternate, rather than historically accurate missions (though still available) in which the player may even get to command the Russian navy. The game includes a scenario editor that allows the player to deploy up to 50 ships per side.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Burning Steel Vol. IV: Brennender Stahl, 1939-1942" -- German title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
|High Score||Jun, 1996||4 out of 5||80|
|Score||Jan, 1996||8 out of 10||80|
|PC Gamer||Feb, 1996||79 out of 100||79|
|PC Joker||Jan, 1996||72 out of 100||72|
|Subsim||1998||72 out of 100||72|
|Power Play||Jan, 1996||71 out of 100||71|
|PC Action||Jan, 1996||65 out of 100||65|
|World Village (Gamer's Zone)||1996||60|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Mar, 1996||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Patch[excerpt from patch readme.txt]
This patch represents the fixes necessary for GNB4 1.0 to address the bugs as reported in the field. Though the fact that there were bugs in the v.1.0 was unacceptable, all that were reported both internally and through customer service are fully addressed in this patch.
- Screen information on the Flagship, Ship, and Air Ops screen when any of the following occur: transports finish loading/unloading, a task force returns to that base, or any ships finish refueling.
- A no-solution for torpedo target situation is indicated the display of three dashed lines in the target info area.
- The breakdown of line ahead formations are fixed, with ships remaining in formation when a change of course is initiated.
- The crash bug when attempting to create an AA Formation in the Scenario Editor has been fixed.
- Ships display as fully repaired once their repair period has ended.
- The Customizer settings for AA accuracy and torpedoes were inadvertently switched in the v.1.0 release of GNB4. Those responsible have been sacked, and the correct setting now pertains to the correct element.
- The mysterious "wavy lines" no longer appear when range circles are turned on.
- When ground units are taking an enemy base, casualty numbers reflect correctly as to the number of units lost by each side on the final turn.
- Plane flights to nowhere have been improved, if not entirely eliminated.