DescriptionIn the 3rd installment of the Guild Wars series, you explore the lands of Elona. This land is divided into the three provinces: Istan, Kourna and Vaabi. There is peace between the fractions at the moment, but the fallen God Abaddon prepares his return with the help of his devotees to bring back once again Nightfall over Elona.
Besides the whole new land and updated graphics, the game also brings big and small changes not only limited to this game but also for Prophecies and Factions. For instance, it is now possible to save different templates of skills.
The biggest changes were made to the AI. You can hire computer-controlled characters to help you on your missions. You can not only give them orders like "stay here" or "go there", there's also a whole new class of AI-helpers called "heroes". They are still controlled by the AI, but you can define them as you wish and completely gear them up as you like. They now also increase in rank on their own.
Nightfall adds two new playable classes to the game: Dervish and Paragon. The Paragon likes to fight with a spear and shield from the back of the line. He also supports his teammates with various battle cries. The Dervish on the other hand, loves to get into the pile and fight the enemies with his scythe. He also has the ability to transform himself into an avatar of one of the gods which gives him new skills and abilities.
- "審判の章" -- Japanese Guild Wars In-Game Store title
- "Nightfall" -- English/French/German/Italian/Spanish/Polish/Russian Guild Wars In-Game Store title
- "Guild Wars Nightfall. Русское издание" -- Russian title
- "Guild Wars Nightfall 2008" -- budget re-release title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|GameStar (Germany)||Nov, 2006||91 out of 100||91|
|Gamernode||Nov 02, 2006||9 out of 10||90|
|4Players.de||Dec 09, 2006||90 out of 100||90|
|WomenGamers.com||Jan 27, 2007||9 out of 10||90|
|GameSpot||Nov 09, 2006||8.2 out of 10||82|
|Game Positive||Nov 12, 2006||8.2 out of 10||82|
|GameSpot (Belgium/Netherlands)||Nov 16, 2006||81 out of 100||81|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Nov 02, 2006||16 out of 20||80|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Nov 06, 2006||7 out of 10||70|
|Gamer.nl||Dec 04, 2006||7 out of 10||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- One of the new skills is called Make Your Time!, a phrase lifted from the English localization of the cult game Zero Wing.
- Amongst many other pop culture references in the game, the skill "It's Just a Flesh Wound" is a reference to the comedy Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
- 2006 – Best Online Role-Playing Game of the Year
- Games for Windows Magazine
- March 2007 - #9 Game of the Year 2006
- 2006 – PC MMORPG of the Year
- GameStar (Germany)
- February 01, 2007 - Best PC Online Game in 2006 (together with Guild Wars: Factions) (Readers' Vote)
Related Web Sites
- Guild Wars (the official website)
- Wikipedia - Guild Wars: Nightfall (article in the open encyclopedia)