DescriptionGumball 3000 is a racing game based on the real-life 3000 mile rally of the same name that has been running annually since 1999. The full race is a single player game but other races have two player modes.
This game has the following game modes;
- Spirit of Gumball: This game mode consists of two race types and a picture gallery;
- Single Race: In this race the player competes against two other cars in the same class on any unlocked course. The courses in the race are set in the UK, Spain, France, the Riviera, Italy, Switzerland and Germany. Initially only the first UK stage, Airport Dash, and the first Spanish leg of the race are unlocked, further rally stages are unlocked as the player completes these and subsequent stages.
- Gumball 3000: This is the full race, the player starts in the UK on day one and must complete all stages in order commencing with the Airport Dash to Stanstead airport. From their the cars are loaded onto an Antonov aircraft and are flown to the next stage in Spain. The race continues across Europe to Baden-Baden in Germany before returning to the UK.
- Gumball Gallery: This is a series of tasks, four per stage, which set specific goals for the player to achieve during a stage. For the tasks for the Woodland Rendezvous stage are as follows; the player must achieve a speed of 200mph; collect two speed cameras; finish the stage in first position; and wreck a Gumball Squad vehicle, each task completed earns the player Gumball points.
- Gumball Squad: In this game mode the player drives a law enforcement vehicle and is tasked with stopping a specified Gumball racer in each stage by whatever means necessary. Thirty-two Gumball points are needed to unlock this game mode
- Gumball King: Seventy-three Gumball points are needed to unlock this game mode in which the player and two others divide the game's twenty-one vehicles amongst them, that's seven each, and they then compete over seven races
- Time Trial: Here there are no competitors and no other traffic, player races to achieve a fast time. As with the Spirit of Gumball's Single Race option only the first stage of the UK & Spanish parts of the race are available at the outset, other stages are unlocked as the player progresses. Beating the course record will unlock another race car.
- Multiplayer: This game mode is a three of the single player, short race, game modes;
- Single Race: Where the player races against a real and an AI opponent
- Gumball Squad: Here one player is the racer and the other drives the police vehicle
- Gumball King: This plays the same as the previously described Gumball King mode but in this game one of the other players is real
There are no promo images for this game
There are no reviews for this game.
Power Unlimited Nov, 2002 60 out of 100 60 4Players.de Sep 09, 2002 55 out of 100 55
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.piltdown_man (151727) added Gumball 3000 (PlayStation 2) on Nov 19, 2016
Head of Studio:
In game photos provided by: