Not an American user?
DescriptionAn evil dark lord threatens the peace of the kingdom. He has cast a spell that will destroy the world in exactly 30 seconds, and an intrepid young hero is the only one who can defeat him. This hero has made a pact with the Time Goddess, protector of time, which allows him to level up extremely quickly and turn back time (for a nominal fee, naturally). He must defeat the dark lord before the spell can be completed...but of course, there's always another one waiting to take their place.
Half-Minute Hero is an extremely fast-paced Japanese-style RPG. In the main game mode, Hero 30, each quest requires the player to gather items and equipment, level up, complete story events, and ultimately reach and defeat the boss, all before the strict 30-second time limit expires. There are several dozen missions to play through, each with their own unique location and scenario.
In addition to the main Hero 30 mode, there are also several other modes included in Half-Minute Hero, all of which feature the same strict 30-second time limit:
- Dark Lord 30 casts the player as a reformed dark lord who punishes evil for the sake of his love. His game is a real-time strategy game where the player can summon various monsters and cast spells to defeat enemies.
- Princess 30 sees the player take control of a young princess who must leave the castle to find medicine for her sick father, the king. Her game plays as a scrolling shooter.
- Knight 30 puts the player in the role of a knight who must protect a Sage as he casts a spell to clear the area of monsters. His game is an action game much like a tower defense game.
There are no promo images for this game
- "勇者30" -- Japanese spelling
- "Yūsha 30" -- Japanese title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
|Cheat Code Central||2009||4.7 out of 5||94|
|IGN||Oct 09, 2009||8.8 out of 10||88|
|Kombo.com||Nov 07, 2009||8.5 out of 10||85|
|PlayStation Universe||Oct 19, 2009||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Meristation||Feb 25, 2010||8.5 out of 10||85|
|The Video Game Critic||Nov 11, 2011||B+||83|
|RPG Site||Dec 23, 2009||8 out of 10||80|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Dec 10, 2009||8 out of 10||80|
|RPGFan||Dec 15, 2009||80 out of 100||80|
|ZTGameDomain||2009||7.5 out of 10||75|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesHalf-Minute Hero appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
- 2009 - Best PSP Role-Playing Game (Editors' Choice)
- 2009 - Best PSP Role-Playing Game (Readers' Choice)
雷堂嬢太朗 -raido.jotaro- (60708) added Half-Minute Hero (PSP) on Mar 25, 2010
Credits (143 people)
127 developers, 16 thanks
Yoshino Aoki, Hideki Asanaka (SHA‑V), Kakeru Ishihama (MONACA Inc.), Hiroyuki Iwatsuki (Natsume Co. Ltd.), vistlip, The Engines, Yuzo Koshiro, Motoi Sakuraba, Toru Nakagawa, Kōji Hayama, Norihiko Hibino, Takushi Hiyamuta (HIYA!), Yasumasa Yamada (YAMAPY_1), Yasuo Yamate (TATE_NORIO)Illustrators:
Ittoku, Raita Kazama, KuchuYosai, Ryuichi Kunisue, Yusuke Kozaki, Takashi Kojō, Tomomi Kobayashi, Sanshu, Shishizaru , Yoko Tsukamoto