DescriptionHeroes Over Europe, the sequel to Heroes of the Pacific, is a WWII arcade flying game set in the skies over Western Europe.
Follow the stories of three pilots, an American, a Brit, and a New Zealander, as they take on the Luftwaffe in the key aerial engagements of WWII. Over fourteen mission, these heroes down enemy bombers over London during the Blitz, break French resistance fighters out of a German prison in Operation Jericho, escort B-17 Flying Fortresses into Europe and strike deep into the black heart of the enemy: Berlin.
With fourteen missions drawn from real WWII operations and over forty plane variants from the UK, Germany, Russia, Italy and America, including the Spitfire, Hurricane, Fw190, Me 262, Mosquito, P-38 Lightning, P-47 Thunderbolt, and the P-51 Mustang, the player has a massive amount of strategic choice.
Heroes Over Europe's multiplayer mode supports up to 16 players on all platforms, with four game modes; Dogfight, Team Dogfight, Survivor and Team Survivor. Pre-balanced multiplayer plane packs give online and LAN players the choice of one of six planes for their battle. Multiplayer games can also be altered with the following modifiers: Weapon Damage Multiplier, Health Multiplier, Unlimited War Speed, Unlimited Primary Ammo, Unlimited Secondary Ammo and Lead Target Bead Visibility.
The thrilling dogfighting action of Heroes of the Pacific has been updated for Heroes Over Europe, with innovative new gameplay mechanics such as Ace Kill, which allows you to take out enemies with a single shot, the devastating damage of Energy Attacks when you dive on enemies, and the tactical choice of targeting a skillful Squad Leader to demoralize his wingmen.
- "歐戰神鷹" -- Taiwan spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Aircraft: DH.98 Mosquito
- Aircraft: Focke-Wulf Fw 190
- Aircraft: Hawker Hurricane
- Aircraft: Hawker Tempest
- Aircraft: Junkers Ju 87
- Aircraft: Messerschmitt Bf 109
- Aircraft: Messerschmitt Bf 110
- Aircraft: Messerschmitt Me 262
- Aircraft: Northrop P-61 Black Widow
- Aircraft: P-38 Lightning
- Aircraft: P-47 Thunderbolt
- Aircraft: P-51 Mustang
- Aircraft: Supermarine Spitfire
- Setting: City - London
- Setting: Country - France
- Ubisoft eXclusive releases
|More adult than HotP - a better story and better gameplay||Windows||thud (94)|
|4Players.de||Xbox 360||Sep 18, 2009||77 out of 100||77|
|Game Captain||Windows||Sep 29, 2009||75 out of 100||75|
|Gamezone (Germany)||PlayStation 3||Sep 29, 2009||7.2 out of 10||72|
|Jeuxvideo.com||PlayStation 3||Sep 17, 2009||14 out of 20||70|
|Gamona||PlayStation 3||Oct 07, 2009||70 out of 100||70|
|GamersGlobal||PlayStation 3||Sep 16, 2009||7 out of 10||70|
|Jeuxvideo.fr||Xbox 360||Sep 19, 2009||5 out of 10||50|
|Game Revolution||PlayStation 3||Dec 01, 2009||C-||42|
|Games TM||PlayStation 3||Oct 28, 2009||4 out of 10||40|
|Gameswelt||Windows||Sep 29, 2009||10 out of 100||10|
There are currently no topics for this game.
WWII gamesFour development companies that released WWII-themed games in 2009, closed their doors in the second half of 2009 in a 4 months window:
- Velvet Assassin developer Replay Studios (Germany) in early August.
- Heroes Over Europe developer Transmission Games (ex IR Gurus, Australia) in October.
- Square Enix decided to close Battlestations: Midway developer Eidos Hungary also in October.
- EA closed The Saboteur developer Pandemic Studios (USA) in November.
Related Web Sites
- Heroes Over Europe | Ubisoft (official website hosted by Ubisoft)
- Heroes Over Europe - Wikipedia (article about the game in the open encyclopedia)
Contributed to by Justin Halliday (810)
Xbox 360 Credits (289 people)
264 developers, 25 thanks
Steve Learmonth, Paul Baulch, Matthew McKinnon, Antony Marshall, Shady El Mously, Stuart Twyford, Ilian Stoyanov, Blair Holloway, Matt Bolger, Cory Neale, Martin Loxton, Andrew Pierce, Anthony Kruize, Thuan Seah Tan, Omar Farooq, Hu Jin, Alex Lindsay, Finn Morgan, Peter Buck, Elliott Bailey, Robert Walkley