DescriptionHirake! Ponkikki was a long-running Japanese children's program similar to Sesame Street; this game features the show's two main characters, Gachapin the dinosaur and Mukku the yeti, in a little friendly competition. Five mini-games repeat over the course of five islands, and each island must be cleared of all five games before proceeding to the next. The set-up is mainly intended for two players, with one player controlling Gachapin and the other Mukku. In one-player mode, either character may be selected, but the CPU will not compete at any game other than rock-paper-scissors. Players begin with a limited number of lives which may be lost by colliding with enemies or performing poorly at minigames; one extra life is also awarded at the end of each island. However, there is also a password system which allows the game to be resumed from any island.
The minigames are as follows:
- Platforming: Collect fruit while avoiding enemies in a slowly auto-scrolling platforming game. Whoever gets the most fruit wins.
- Shape Matching: Hurry to match the most shapes before time expires.
- The Shell Game: Pick out the spaceship with the other character in five rounds of the shell game.
- Rock-Paper-Scissors: Defeat the other character a set number of times at the classic hand game.
- Maze Chase: Race against the other player to collect the most candy apples before exiting. In later levels, avoid worms as well.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.